The Dangerous Demand

¶ Chapter | Eighteen ¶
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

¶ Chapter | Eighteen ¶~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine
~~~~~

The bullet went sharply piercing the air a few inches away from my arm making my hair blow backwards I stay rooted to my place and my grip on the plate was lose and the ceramic plates fell on the floor shattering.

" Ahhh" I got goosebumps when I heard a painful scream behind my back.

The bullet hit someone, I was so terrified that I didn't have the courage to look up at that Saitan. I run towards the door without looking back, hurriedly coming out of the room I look here and there trying to find out from which direction I came in.

I hurriedly run towards the way, quickly grabbing my saree pleates I climb the stairs going towards the room.

I close my door with force and run towards my safe place behind the couch. I sat against it pulling my legs closer to my chest.

That bullet was for me. He wanted me to know what happened if someone dare to oppose him. He gave me a warning next time his target won't be missed.

I cried loudly. I want to go home, I want to hide in my mother's embrace.

" Maa," I cried.

" Maa"

" Maa" I put my head down sobbing.

I became stiff when I heard the sound of the door opening, the footsteps coming towards me. I fisted my saree trying to take deep breaths.

I feel his presence close to me and I shiver in fear.

" What happened now? You won't look in my eyes"

I shivered hearing his taunt.

"Look up!"

I jumped at his sudden command.

I slowly move my head up, biting my lip to stop myself from sobbing. My eyes have tears, he is in front of me in a squat position.

" Every action has a reaction. Go ahead if you know the consequences but if you're afraid of the reaction you shouldn't step forward because there is no turning back"

I look at him understanding the meaning of his words. He is not threatening me, he is stating facts.

He raise his hand and my eyes widened I tried to shrink back on the couch away from him. I move my face to the side closing my eyes.