Interrogation

Kim Namjoon sat quietly in that gloomy interrogation room. There weren't many things in that room other than the table and the chair where he was sitting and two extra chairs kept on the other side of the table.

Namjoon was working in the bar when suddenly his boss called him in his office. There were two officers in that room, who asked him to come with them to the police station saying its urgent.

Back to present, he looked up and saw the mirror which showed a rather tensed namjoon looking back at him.  He covered his face with both his hands...

No no no this cannot be happening
For years this was hidden from the world and it shall remain that way
I cannot let this go out
No one should know no one....

Sudden opening of the door jolts up namjoon. He puts his hands down and is met with the eyes of two familiar faces.

Jungkook and hoseok takes the seat opposite him with some files and bags in their hand.

Hoseok gives him a smile trying to assure that he remembers him and this is nothing to worry about. In no way, Hoseok wants to scare namjoon or worry him anyway. You never know maybe its all just a misunderstanding after all everyone is innocent until proven guilty. So Hoseok remained his friendly self

However, Jungkook was in complete professional mode. Though He should be the softer one given that Namjoon is the brother of someone extremely special to him but still he didn't want to put his guards down.

"Namjoon" Hoseok started with a soft tone, "We are really sorry to call you here like this but we need to ask you questions related to some evidence we found"

Namjoon just gave a smile. Jungkook noticed how he was pinching the skin of his fingers and constantly shaking his leg.

He cleared his throat and put the tshirt on the table, which was now in a plastic bag "do you recognise this?"

Namjoon's eyes widened abit but he immediately collected himself. He cannot let them know what is going on in his head but kim namjoon is not a professional criminal he is just an ordinary human being whose life has thrown him into a tangled mess. And for an ordinary human being it is not easy to pretend.

"n-no" he stutters.

Jungkook clenched his jaw. This! Exactly this is what he didn't want, namjoon to lie! Because that would just make him more suspicious

"namjoon" he said calmly "i found it in YOUR house"

Namjoon frowned "oh uhmm oh yeah i have a similar one, this is a very basic tshirt anyone can have it so.." he said a bit nervously, trying to avoid looking at Jungkook

"True" said Jungkook "But the reason I am showing you this is because it is the evidence of a murder case. I am sure you have heard about the X case"

Namjoon instantly looks at him, his hands fumbling on his lap.

He nodded

"yeah we found a piece of THIS tshirt at Jackson wang's house the day he was murdered" said jungkook

Hoseok, started in a very soothing voice "do you have any idea how the piece of this tshirt went there?"

Namjoon shook his head. His mouth was  drying up.

Hoseok looked at jungkook who looked at him and sighed.

Next hoseok put some pictures on the table which showed namjoon getting out of the dark alley "this is you getting out of an alley." pointed Hoseok

"and if you see the time its 8:30"then he takes out another picture which shows a man, pretty injured, limping in to the same alley
"at 8:12 this man got inside the alley and 18mins later you came out. And later that man was found murdered in that alley. No one else was seen entering the alley in between" Hoseok tried to say it as genuinely as he can.

Namjoon just kept staring at that picture, the snippets of that night playing in his head

How he followed him to that alley through the fire exit of a building which was in that alley. But how he was too late to stop him and it was already done. He wanted to get out from the same way but after the heavy argument with the murderer namjoon just stormed off from the other side totally forgetting that there might be cctvs.

"namjoon" Jungkook's voice breaks his trance and he looks at the man infront of him.

"please explain what you were doing there at that time"

Namjoon bit his lower lips trying to hold back and think of a persuasive lie "i was in the building whose fire exit ends in that alley." he gulped trying to wet his dry throat "i just got down and came out of the alley, it was dark and raining and i didn't see a dead body lying there or heard any noise"

"why did you take the fire exit instead of the main door?" asked jungkook slightly touching his nose.

"I uhm uh I tried the front door and it was for some reason not working and i was getting late for work"

"what were you doing in that building" continues Jungkook

"went to meet a friend"

"In an isolated building?" Jungkook raised his eyebrows.. "We did look through all the buildings around that area and the one whose fire exit ends in that one is abandoned for years"

Namjoon looks here and there sweating drastically.

"yes i dont know but my friend just called me there and I went" he lied

"can you give your friend as an alibi, it might help you as well" said Hoseok

"yeah please provide us his contact details so that we can talk to him about that night" said Jungkook

"he uhm he is out of the country"

"no problem still provide the details" said jungkook giving him a pen and paper

With shaky hands namjoon wrote a name and address

"and now can you please tell us how YOUR tshirt awas at Jackson wang's place?" asked jungkook

"i i i don't know I just came home one day and found it torn thats why I wanted to throw it away" he said the half truth

Jungkook didn't say anything but just looked at him with intense eyes

What is he hiding
Why every single word coming out of his mouth is a lie..

Hoseok sighed "I am sorry namjoon but until or unless we talk to your alibi we cannot rule anything out. So for now we can let you go but we might have to call you again"

Namjoon was about to get up but is stopped

"please sign this" Jungkook hands him a document and a paper "you cannot leave the city until this investigation is over. As we do not have concrete evidence we cannot arrest you but you are a suspect Namjoon"

Namjoon's face gets all pale, what will he do now? How will he clean this mess.

Is this the end of his secrets??

Is this the beginning of the end?