Cope with Grief

Namjoon kept looking at Taehyung whose eyes were fixated on the ceiling. His brother has always been on the cheerful side, chattering, laughing and dancing his heart out. But today it was different. It was as if everything was over for Kim Taehyung.

With trembling hands he touched Tae's arm.

"Tae"

He was silent.

"Tae p-pleas-e say something please" sobbed Namjoon

But Taehyung was still silent. Jungkook and the doctor was standing  in different corners of the room. Dr. Henry was evaluating the whole situation and preparing the next step.

And Jungkook? He was just waiting for his love to be alive again.

"Tae?" Namjoon called again.

"You knew" a voice came out of the boy which was hoarse and almost inaudible. All the heads snapped towards him!

Taehyung slowly turned his head but Namjoon realised that he was not looking at him but over his shoulder. He was looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook stood straight and slowly a bit of fear was engulfing him.

Taehyung got down from the chair and completely avoiding Namjoon's approach,he walked towards Jungook.

He was now standing so close to him.

His eyes were numb as if someone has sucked the soul out of him.

"Tae-"

"All this time you knew!" His voice raised abit

"Tae please Jungkook had not-" Namjoon couldnt even finish his sentence because his voice got stuck in his throat just the moment Taehyung turned.

He was unrecognisable. For a brief moment namjoon thought it was V? But no it was not. It was Taehyung but a different side of his.

"All my life I looked upto you" he started limping towards Namjoon who didnt budge from his spot "thought of you as my brother and al-all this while you kept me away from Jin hyung??? From his memories?? Why???? WHY???" Taehyung was sobbing now. His voice was shaking and his whole body was trembling.

"To protect you Tae" Namjoon said very softly.

"How? He was my brother!! My only family! You never even mentioned him! You kept me away from his memories.... from him" Fresh tears kept rolling down his cheek

Dr. Henry was observing the whole scenario and he could understand that Taehyung was blaming others as a part of his coping mechanism. Because you know it is easier to blame others than to be your own culprit.

"Those memories were traumatizing for you and i wanted you to be far away from all of it for your own good!"

"NO!" Yelled Taehyung "all of it was not traumatic IT WAS NOT!!! I HAD PRECIOUS MOMENT WITH HIM! I HAD MEMORIES WHICH WERE PRICELESS!! HE WAS MY BROTHER!! MY F***** BROTHER!! Screaming at the top of his voice Taehyung threw away the metal tool standing between him and Namjoon

"Taehyung please listen to me" begged Namjoon

Jungkook tried to step forward but he noticed Dr.Henry signalling him not to. The doctor wanted Taehyung to vent out everything

"He loved you Taehyung and trust me if he was here he would have done the same to protect you" cried Namjoon. His cheeks were now fully covered with tears

Taehyung's eyes were filled with big tears "yes he would have done everything to protect me" he paused a bit "AND I COULDNT DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT HIM" with that he threw the table containing all the medical tools.

"I COULDNT DO ANY THING ANY FUCKING THING TO PROTECT MY BROTHER!!!! HE DIED!!! HE DIED INFRONT OF ME AND I COULDNT DO ANY FUCKING THING!!! HE BLED, HE SUFFERED AND I JUST STOOD THERE LIKE A WORTHLESS HUMAN!!

Taehyung was going beserk! Screaming at the top of his voice, throwing and breaking everything in sight.

Jungkook couldnt take it anymore "Tae stop! Tae please stop!" He tried to get a hold of him but he couldnt. The boy was just getting out of control.

"I COULDNT SAVE MY ONLY FAMILY!! MY BROTHER IS DEAD!!" He screamed punching the wall. Jungkook ran quickly to stop him from doing so and wrapped his one hand around his shoulder and grabbed Taehyung's hand with the other, stopping him from punching. Jungkook pulled him back, away from the wall but it was difficult as Taehyung kept on thrashing in his grip.

"Taehyung please stop please" Namjoon came rushing and held his face

"Look at me Taehyung!! Its not your fault. It was no one's fault!!" Namjoon sobbed.

"NOO!! IT WAS!! HE-HE DID EVERYTHING TO PROTECT ME AND I-I JUST!! JIN HYUNG IS DEAD!" Taehyung slide down along with jungkook who was still holding him.

"Jin hyung is dead" Taehyung cried hard throwing back his head. Jungkook put his hand on Taehyung's forehead making his head lie on his shoulder while his other hand was wrapped around his torso. Taehyung's whole body was now lieing on Jungkook's as they both sat on the floor

"My-y brother" wailed Taehyung "i couldnt save i couldnt do anything!!" He cried hard and hard. Namjoon held his hand with both of his.

"Tae please" Namjoon whispered who Was also sitting on the floor with the other two.

Suddenly Taehyung started to cry extremely loudly continuously calling out Jin's name as if he hoped somehow his brother will come back to him and take him out of this darkness. His guilt of not being able to save his brother was taking control of his all other senses. He couldnt bear it at all.

Dr.Henry quickly came near Taehyung and took his arm. Then very carefully put an injection on it

"This will keep him calm for a while"

And just as he said the boy slowly dozed off.

Jungkook hugged his unconscious body tightly putting his forhead on Taehyung's head. He softly kissed his hair while fresh tears rolled down his cheek.

"Its going to be alright" he whispered; his forehead still put on taehyung's head who was now completely unconscious "everything will be alright I promise". He hugged him, holding him tightly againdt his chest...  as if trying to take all the pain away but only if it was that easy.