149: I'm Sorry, I Had To Leave

Birun and Bainai met at their secret place. A cliff where they were surrounded by stars at night, deep inside the forest. Where no one would know of their affair.

She sat beside him, her head on his shoulder " Bainai."

Bainai : Yes? My love.

Birun: Ridding off Androme that quickly, are you sure? Have you gotten the recipe for changing normal yokais to Fuiin?

Bainai: Yes. It is not totally successful. But there is a 50% chance. Good enough for me. Androme that pervert just wants a higher rate of success. It's been a few years and he is still stuck at that success rate. I can't wait for his perfectionist to get what he wants.

Birun: he could continue to serve you while you were leader.

Bainai: no worries. I have gotten a Shiori on our side. It can continue when I am Leader. He himself have ambitions as a Leader. Cannot let him think he is better.

Birun: anything you think is best. By the way... Leader already knows our plan.

Bainai : Hard to hide with what is going on these days. Starting to think that Arvine's death wasn't that simple as a revenge.

Birun hugged him " it's ok. I am always with you."

Bainai: I know.

--------------------------------------------------

They both separated in their ways to return back to the clan.

Birun was stopped by Kazoku and Mamoru. Servants surrounded them.

Mamoru: you seem to have the wrong idea about this.

Birun: you underestimate the servants I bring out.

" Do we ?" Kazoku makes a few brown budded flowers sprout out from the ground. The servants charge forward upon seeing hostility. But as the flowers open, the servants collapsed down one by one.

Birun takes our her eye patch revealing the eye that has a seal carved inside.

It can't be. My eye is telling me this flower has no harm. Unless...

Kazoku: wendy told us about your eye's ability. It told you didn't it? Unless its pollen and another flower's pollen is ingested into the body, one would collapse.

Birun thinks back " damn wendy. The incense in her room. The tea I drank was the antidote. Tsk. She left me for you two."

Mamoru: correct . Anything else you would like to predict ?

Birun: you are sure I am the one, who will die today?

Mamoru: then let us see, the power of a Council member.

*Ring ring ring* kazoku picks up her phone " hello ? Or is it ? Ok ok I'm coming. Unfortunately. My clinic opens soon. A lot of people today. Mamoru. "

Mamoru: yup. I'll handle this. Go ahead and go home.

Birun : are you underestimating me ?

Mamoru : thanks for coming.

Kazoku: what could I do ? Only I have papa's powers and I wanted to a part of this.

Birun : tsk. That kurama. He doesn't even have the guts to face me himself ?

Kazoku had already left by now.

Mamoru ; no. We volunteered. You did mess up our family pretty badly.

__________________________________

Bainai ; Aiko. What's the meaning of this ?

Aiko :  I'm here to kill you.

Bainai: ... Birun would never... Oh... Wendy sent you.

Aiko : no. I sent me. On behalf of my family.

Bainai : here to kill me ?