10: A Frozen Heart

Hiei : Arina.

Arina : oh. Hiei. What the hell brought you here? Super long time no see.

Hiei : I have some things to ask you about.

Arina : right. Why else would you be here. You've only come find me this, the 4th time since I left you with the thieves.

Hiei : shut up. Is there anything that can make one find someone or something in an instant ?

Arina : an instant? In the demon realm ?

Hiei : ah.

Arina: hmm... There no such a tool. All tools only can cover a certain range. Even I, if I change my seal conditions to find something, there's now way I have that much yoki to cover the entire realm.

Hiei: so there's no way ?

Arina : ah ! There's a way. But it's very excruciating.

Hiei: what way ?

Arina : to get a Jagan.

Hiei : how do I get that ?

Arina : there's two ways to do that. One, you pluck it off someone's head and get me to implant it on you. Second, you find this guy who does crazy surgeries that can give yokais new or changed abilities. But I don't recommend the second way.

Hiei : why ?

Arina : as much as he boasts that he can cut to the millimetre, his surgeries suck. The best surgeries allow the patient to recover with not only better function, but with also their normal capabilities. His surgeries always either almost strips away the patient's yoki or takes away something else. So it's not perfect.

Hiei ; and you can do it perfect ?

Arina : of course. Retain your current yoki and put a Jagan in you.

Hiei ; I see. You don't have one of those eyes ? You have so many locked up seals here.

Arina : they're not yours to take !! Hmph.  I'm just keeping for someone. Hehe.

Hiei ; whatever. Not interested about your lover.

Arina : hiei. You're going to find that guy right ?

Hiei : ah.

Arina writes down the name of the yokai and the address and gives it to him " he sucks at giving painkillers. So it's going to be real painful. "

Hiei ; arigatou. I'm leaving. That's right, arina.

Arina: huh ?

Hiei ; have you got a heart to change yet ?

Arina : ah... Haven't got hunting. Maybe I'll just purchase it off someone.

" Baka. " He throws a small pouch to her. " Don't go off dying cos of some stupid illness " She catches it " arigatou. "

________________________________

" Ja jang !! I'm here !! "

Arina; oh. Hina!

Hina : how's your heart ?

Arina : as usual.

Hina takes a listen to her chest " you little liar ! Why haven't you called me sooner ?!"

Arina ; it's fine.

Kurama enters " what's wrong ?"

Arina : nothing nothing.

Hina : we're taking a look at you the soon I open you up !

Kurama ; you're sick ? Arina. Why didn't you tell me ?

Hina : who's this ? Your new lover you didn't tell me about?~~

Arina ; go away !... Mmm....

Hina : well I'm glad you got over that asshole.

Kurama : how sick is she ?

Hina : it's not that bad. It's just...

Arina steps on Hina's foot. Hina fake laughed " hahaha... Just a sickness. You know,good to have other doctors see you because you can't heal yourself. "

Kurama : I didn't think of it that way.

Hina : well don't worry. Hina got this !
________________________________

Hina comes out of the house and stretches her arm " good and nice surgery ! "

Kurama : what sickness does she have ? How bad is it ?

Hina : I don't think I should be the one to tell you.

Kurama : I know Arina is very skilled in what she does. She's probably the one of the best in the field. So for her to be sick, it must be pretty bad.

Hina : you're sharp. And this also means you really care about her. I'm relieved.

Kurama : what's wrong with her ?

Hina : because of some stupid curse, her heart slowly freezes to failure no matter how many times she changes a new one. That's why I'm here, I'm a fire user doctor. I perfectly clear out the branched out frozen parts from the heart. Just didn't think I would need to come this early. Must be because of the leftover poison she was trying to treat to her half working heart from ururi.

Kurama : so she's ok now then.

Hina : um. She'll wake up a few hours later. A little weak, need some recovery time for about a week for the body to get used to a new heart. This one is a little small for her. Don't know where she got this one. Getting this kind of size.

Kurama : the curse. Who put it on her ?

Hina : about that...

Kurama clenches his fist " this asshole you keep talking about? "

Hina sighs " you're too sharp. I can't hide anything from you. But don't go off trying to kill him. That guy is a doctor scientist too. He has no interest in politics but he is still a scheming guy. He is really skilled, that's why he's killed many guys supposedly stronger than him. "

Kurama : interesting. So he's that kind that of guy.

Hina : I don't want Arina to ever cry like that again. She cried for a week whenever she thought of him . It tortured her so badly, the crying made her lose her eyes she had to get a new pair. So please, for her, don't chase after that asshole.

________________________________

She breathed a little hard " a little small huh. "

He strokes her hair " it's ok. You won't have to do anything hard when I'm around. "  She leans against his chest " um. "