14: The Man From Her Past

Kurama picks up the ball on the table " a messageball ? Who is it from ?"

Arina : someone I don't want to see.

Kurama : there's actually someone you dislike ? That's rare.

Arina : dislike... I don't even know if that's the right word.

Kurama: do you want me to see it for you ?

Arina : no !! Don't open it !! Let's just ignore it.

Just then a knock came to her door. She opens it and a yokai passes her another messageball. " Delivery delivered. Please sign here. " The yokai said. She signs and asks " who is it from ?"

" It's from a Vicel Shiori." The yokai then leaves.

" Damn it !!! Can't he just leave me alone ?!!" She throws the ball into the couch.

Kurama : shiori... A guy from the clan ?

Arina goes to the couch and picks it up " fine. You annoying bastard." She throws the messageball to the wall. It cracks and it shows a type of virtual version of the person speaking. A man appears " hey. Arina. I know you might not open the first one, so I sent a second one. There's an interesting illness in this one. If you're still that Arina, you'll come. "

Arina : shut up !!! Don't act like you ever actually cared to know me !!!

" Arina..." Kurama never seen her been that angry usually.

She takes up the ball on the table and aims it at the bin. She hesitates. " Damn it... He said interesting... "

Kurama : why not make the decision after you see ? No one can force you if you don't want to go.

" Mmm... " She thinks for a while and throws it to the wall. The man appears again.

Vicel : I need your help. The patient is a yokai who has 5 sets of organs one yokai should have. He has 70% damage. I'm at Yamada Mountain. By now, you should know what kind of yokai I'm talking about. I'm waiting~ Hope to see you. Arina.

Arina : damn it !!!

Kurama ; what is he talking about?

Arina : he's talking about a very small clan of yokai . They're very rare because they're being hunted for their organs. Hunt one, equals to hunt 5. They're known as the Five Organs. Five sets of organs meaning five times the complicity. Their organs don't have a specific place in their bodies like a normal yokai do. That's why it's very complex.

Kurama: You're very interested but you also really hate that guy so you also don't want to go.

Arina clenches her fist " that's... Not the most reason... "

Kurama : Arina ?

Arina : Vicel... Is the first lover I had.

Kurama: what ? That means ... He is..

I was still a shiori in the shiori building. Working as my doctor scientist. Had my own lab.

He moved into he lab next to me. He was the new shiori the head took in. He undeniable had better skills than most in that building. We studied the same interest but had different way of doing things.

He often came to visit my lab to see what I was doing. He was a very curious guy indeed. At that time, I just thought that was what it is. Not long after, he confessed to me and we started going out.

It was my first time I had fall in love so deeply. I really thought he loved me. He was a very charming guy . Even his assistants were all females. But I believed he only had eyes for me. That's why I did whatever he wanted. Whatever I thought it would make him happy.

Killing unnecessarily. Anyone who made him angry. Testing poisons on mass yokai for murder. Stealing things from other shioris. That me, was an ugly me that even Hina distanced herself from me. That me... Threw away a promise I made. Because of him, I got kicked out from the building.

He pushed all the blame to me and said I was the one who stole the research from another shiori causing me to get kicked out. Before I left, he planted this stupid curse in me.

Arina : why... Aren't we in this together ?

Vicel ; together ? No. This is all my success. I am smarter and better than you.

Arina : but you love me.

Vicel laughed " love. Are you even a yokai? No, are you even a scientist ? To believe in such a ridiculous thing. "

Arina : then... Then... What we have... You said you love me... A lie..

Vicel: just so you would blindly do stuff for me. You're just another assistant who does a little better than them.

Her legs give way and she collapsed, her face turns black with sadness " you... Lied... "

Vicel goes to her ear and said " you're not even good enough to climb onto my bed. That's how I see you. "

Her tears flowed down her cheeks. Her eyes turned empty. She truly felt broken. Used. For some reason... The tears just wouldn't stop. She didn't even try to stop them .

That's why... I told myself ... I would never break my promises again.

" that was me. It took everything from me just to become back me again. Those was the worst days I had..." She laid her head down on the table as she sat on the chair " I once thought... I would never be able to recover from it. "

Kurama kissed her in her hair and gently wrapped his arms around her neck " I'm here with you. Don't go, I don't want him to hurt you ever again. "