24: Avoiding Him

Arina : here. Some supplements I brought. Be sure to eat them so you'll recover faster. All that time on the bed. Your muscles need some work. This will help strengthen them.

Shiori : oh. Arigatou. I didn't know there was such good medicine.

Arina : ah. It's imported. Really good stuff.

Shiori ; arigatou. Must be expensive.

Arina : it's ok. I work.

Shiori: Still...

Arina shakes her head " it's ok. I just want you to heal faster. "

Shiori ; you're so nice to me. All this time I'm in the hospital, you've always come see me. You really like our Shuichi-kun neh.

Arina : well. I'm leaving now. You're probably ok to leave tomorrow. I'm busy tomorrow, so I can't come.

Shiori: it's ok. It's ok. You've been nice enough.

Arina: I'll be leaving then.

Shiori ; don't you want to wait for Shuichi to come ?

" It's ok. I have... Stuff. See you. Shiori-san." And she left.
________________________________

Shiori: Shuichi. Why did you come so late ? Arina-chan left already. See, she was nice enough to buy me imported supplements.

He opens the bottle cap and takes a look at the pill. He could tell from the smell it was demon realm ingredients " I see. What did she say it was for ? "

Shiori; for my muscles since I was staying bed all this time.

Kurama : I see. She's really thoughtful huh

Shiori : that's right. I've been wanting to ask this... How long have you been together ?

Kurama ; eh ? Well ... Heh...

When , should I say?

Shiori ; come on. You can tell that to your mother right ?

Kurama: she's my classmate... So...

Shiori : is that so ? Is that so ? It's a childhood thing huh. Kawaii. 
________________________________

* Ding dong. Ding dong. *

Arina : Coming. Just leave the food outside. I'll pass the money through the door hole. "

Kurama: it's me.

She stops in her steps and hesitates. She opens up anyway " Shuichi. "

Kurama ; isn't it Kurama ?

She turns away and walks in " what do you need ? Shiori-san is fine now. I checked when I saw her yesterday. No cancer no sickness. She should be home by now. Ah. How's the food I prepared ? I left it on the stove in case you guys got too tired from coming back from the hospital. "

Kurama ; we ate that. Arigatou she said. It was her favourite food.

Arina opens her fridge " drinks... Soft drink ? Water ? Tea ? "

Kurama : are you avoiding me ?

Arina ; eh ? I have work. Work. Koenma-sama's work.

Kurama : then look at me.

She closes the fridge and turns around to look at him. There was a short silence " Shuichi-kun. It's late. You better return back home. Your mother just recovered. "

Kurama : you are avoiding me.

" No I'm not. " She goes to the couch and turns on the TV. He switches it off and blocks the screen. " Arina. "

" what do you want from me ?! I kept my promise already !! I kept all your precious things safe !! Even your mother !! That home !! I even cooked her favourite food. What else do you want from me ?!! " She opened the window and jumped down from there.

Kurama : Arina...