Chapter 17 - Therapy part 2

Sierra's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock on my phone singing "Give your Heart A Break".

I can't believe it's already time for me to go back to therapy. I am so not happy about that and on top of that, I'm still grounded from being suspended from school. Ugh.

This is so messed up.

I decided to lie in bed for a little while, just laying there, thinking about therapy, thinking about my suspension, thinking about how I had a baby at 14. Just thinking.

Minutes later Demi knocked on the door.

"Come in!"

"Morning sweetie. You need to get up, you have therapy in a couple hours."

I sighed "fine."

She smiled at me.

"I love you sweetie."

"Love you too."

I got up, went downstairs and ate the breakfast that Demi had made for me. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and a glass of orange juice. Don't forget my medication. My medication. I wish I could get off of that.

"Thank you for eating." She said when I was done.

"Yeah yeah."

"Go get ready so we can leave."

I went upstairs got dressed in a muscle tank top, dark jean shorts, and my black less with white hearts on them. Then I just put my hair in a pony tail without straightening it. So what if my hair doesn't look that great. So what?

I went downstairs and she grabbed her keys and we left.

She tried to have a conversation with me on the ride there. I just wasn't in the mood. She told me about her being bipolar (which I already knew) and about how she got help.

I just listened. I mean she still doesn't understand. Does she? This is different. Isn't it? Maybe she really does understand.

We arrived there. I walked up to the lady at the front desk and told her "I have a 11:00 appointment with Dr. Ridge."

They asked me for my name, which you'd think they'd remember. I'm Demi Lovato's daughter. Demi's freaking daughter. How do they not remember?

Anyways I told them my name and they pointed me in the direction towards the waiting room and told me that "he would be with me as soon as possible."

I didn't really care. It's therapy. Therapy.

He came out within five minutes.

He came up to me, shook my hand, and introduce himself. Like I don't remember him. It hasn't been that long.

I smiled and said "hi."

I followed him to his office and took a seat.

"Alright, Ms.. Lovato. How are you?"

"Fine."

"Alright, let's get down to business. Ok?"

I nodded.

"You did so great last time. You opened up and everything and I am so proud of you. This time, I want to see your scars. Can you show me your scars please?"

I stuttered "n-no."

"Please Sierra, I need to see your scars. Lift up your sleeve please."

I just stared at him. I was scared, but I decided to go ahead and show him.