Chapter 29 - it's been revealed

Demi's POV:

Life hasn't been easy lately. I can't believe I shoved Isaac to the floor lately. I've started cutting. I've been cutting for a few weeks now. I don't think Sierra's noticed. At least I hope. Last night, was enough to make me want to cut again.

Sierra wasn't up yet, so I went quietly into the bathroom, got my blade out of the drawer, and started cutting. The sharp blade felt so good. I went over the same cut three times. Surprising it didn't go deep enough. I was trying not to make to many new cuts, cause I don't want Sierra to notice.

I went back to the kitchen table, sat down at the table, and started reading my newspaper and drinking my coffee again.

Sierra started coming down the stairs.

"Morning sweetie." I said as I looked up from newspaper.

"Morning. What are those on your arm?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, they look like cuts. New ones. You know what else? Just last week I thought I saw some different new ones. Why are you cutting again."

"I'll get you some breakfast."

"You're avoiding the question."

"You don't know what's going on Sierra. I need to cut."

"The same way I felt and I ended up in therapy. How is that fair."

"Sierra, please just drop it. Ok? You don't have to worry about me; I'll be okay."

"Whatever."

I poured some applejack and orange juice. I sat them in front of her and got her ADHD medication and depression medication.

"You know I really don't know why I have to take medication every day. All it is is a reminder that something's wrong with me."

"Nothing's wrong with you."

"Then why am I in therapy?"

"Eat please."

"I'm not hungry."

"Sierra, please just eat."

"Fine."

She ate and then I drove her to the Therapy center.

Sierra's POV:

Demi just dropped me off. I know something's wrong with her. I know she's been cutting again. I'm tired of living win her. She makes me go to therapy and then she goes and starts cutting again.

I walked up to the lady at the desk.

"Time of appointment miss Lovato?"

"11:00."

"Alright, please go sit in the." I interrupted her.

"I know the drill."

She just glared at me.

Shortly after Dr. Ridge came into the room and walked up to me.

"Hey." He shook my hand.

"Hi."

"Follow me please."

"Yeah yeah. I know." I sighed.

We went into his office.

"Take a seat please."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Something bothering you?"

"I don't want to live with Demi anymore."

"Why not? She seems great to be around."

"She is, but she's been cutting again."

"She has?"

"Yeah, and when I asked her about the scars this morning, first she avoided the subject, then she made up an excuse for it."

"Alright, I'm going to call her right now."

I watched as he dialed her number.

"Hey, Demi. This is Dr. Ridge. Sierra tells me you've been cutting again."

"I have two children and a baby to take care of. I can cut if I want."

"Can you have Alexandria watch Emily on Friday? I want you to come in for a 9:00 appointment, right before Sierra's 10:00 appointment."

"Oh. I don't know."

"Please, Demi. Please do this. I think it will be great for you."

"Alright, I'll come in."

"Thank you. I'll see you on Friday."

"Yeah. Bye."

"Bye."

"Alright, she's going to come in for a therapy session before yours on Friday."

"Alright, thanks."

"No problem. We better move on now. Do you have any new cuts?"

"No."

"Show me."

I pulled up both of my sleeves.

"Alright, good. That is very good. I'm proud of you."

I smiled at him.

"Do you want to just tell me about your childhood before Demi adopted you?"

"Fine, though I'd prefer not relive it."

"Please."

"Alright."

I began.

"When I was a baby, my mom kept up making up excuses as to why I couldn't be her child. She didn't like me since day one. When I turned three, she and my dad both decided that I was at the age where they could start beating me. They said I was old enough. My dad used to com home drunk and throw his empty beer bottles at me. By the time, I was starting school, I was so excited to get to the spend the day at school instead of at home. Then, on the first day I got bullied, because my clothes looked all old and worn. From that day on I got bullied every single day. I came home, I got beaten again. The same continued into part of middle school. Then one day, when I was in eight grade, I decided I couldn't take it anymore, so I ran away. Then in eight grade, somehow I got lucky enough to get Demi to adopt me. That was one of the best days of my entire life. I still remember like it was yesterday."

"Very good. Sierra you've really opened up to me. I'm proud of you."

"T-thanks." I brushed my bangs out of my face.

He smiled at me and told me "thank you, I'll see you on Friday at 10:00."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye, have a great day."

"You too."

I left and Demi picked me up. As soon as I got into her vehicle she said "you know, I really appreciate you telling him. I guess I do have a problem. It will be good for me."

I leaned over and gave her a hug and she drove off.

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.
Please leave any suggestions in the comments section, on my wall, or message me.

Bre5SOSrocks Thanks for the idea!

Have a great day! :)