Chapter 30 - Demi's Therapy

Friday Morning

Demi's POV:

"Alexandria I'm leaving! Please watch Emily!" I yelled as I grabbed my keys off the coffee table and walked out the front door.

I'm glad Sierra told Dr. Ridge. I'm sure it will be good for me. I'm just not thrilled about going. I wouldn't want to waste his time. I honestly don't know why he's even bothering. These therapy sessions were supposed to be for Sierra.

As we got into the hummer, she looked over at me and said "did you throw away your blade?"

"Did you?"

"No."

"Make sure you do when we get home and I'll throw away mine as well. That's a really goo idea."

"Yeah, whatever."

We arrived at the Therapy Center, walked in, and told the lady at the desk the usual information.

As usual she told us to wait in the waiting room. As if, we didn't already remember. I can see why that makes Sierra angry.

After a while Dr. Ridge came out and greeted both of us and then he told me to follow him to his office.

I did as I was told.

"Sit down, please."

"So, we're going to start out by you telling me why you've started cutting again."

"Life's just been seeming hard lately. I'm having to raise two kids and one baby and you know I wouldn't give it up for anything, sometimes it's just hard. That's all. Cutting to me is a way to remove all of that emotion pain with physical pain. I would rather have physical pain, because emotion pain seems to be to hard. I thought that I had stopped cutting, but I guess I hadn't. The moment I decided I was going to allow myself to cut just once was so good. It felt to good. The cold, sharp blade, scraping across my wrist, ripping open my flesh. I love how that feels."

He just stared at me for a while.

"Well, I understand why you went back to cutting. Is there a different alternative that you can try?"

"I've tried them in the past, drugs and drinking."

"Yeah, that's not what I mean. How about punching a pillow?"

"That sounds kind of silly."

"Yeah, it does. It works though and it's not harming yourself. So, please try that. If you continue to cut, I'm going to need you to come in for another therapy session. If you can stop, then you're good."

"I'll stop."

"Alright, thank you. Have a great day. Please send in Sierra."

I walked out to get Sierra.

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!
Please leave any suggestions in the comments section, message me, or post it on my wall. I look forward to reading them.

Have a great day! :)