31 • Initiis Novis •

31

Initiis Novis

Contains mature language:

Aiden's P.O.V.:-

We were in the middle of assuring Augustine after Anna said how the bachelorette is, Trying to make him understand that it wouldn't be as much of a disaster as  Hannah was with them, and I had also urged Mia to look after them so there won't be much of an issue. At that exact moment, Caelum's phone buzzed, looking at his pale face I knew it wasn't good news.

"Well, it seems Anna proved both of us wrong. They got into a fight, or more specifically Hannah got into one while Emilia was the one who was crying on the phone" It was funny enough how one sentence could blow up an hour's work.

"Before you ask about Mia, she and Alex are fucking wasted they all are" There goes the responsible adult speech and the only hope I had. But on the bright side, I can see her drunk self.

Entering the club was hard as it was jam-packed but spotting Hannah was not exactly hard as she was held down by a bouncer while cursing the person in front of her. Truth be told I had never seen Hannah unhinged but looking at Augustine it seemed he had a first-hand experience We both moved towards her while my eyes unconsciously scanned for Mia. Caelum was trying and contact the owner hoping the news wouldn't get out.

Finally, my eyes found the person, they were eagerly searching for there she was crouched down behind a table leaning on a woman eyes wide open as soon as they met mine.

"Excuse me, I think you have something of mine", I whispered to her noticing her drowsy state, but still I had to admit that she looked unbearably cute.

"Do you know him?" both of our attention was broken by the woman, to whom Mia was still clinging. A suspicious gaze was directed in my way as if I had some evil intent she was trying to figure out.

"Uhm, him" After scanning my appearance she was quick to deny it, much to my shock. "No, I don't even know him" Her eyes were completely giving away the fake acting persona she had pulled.

"Seriously Mia, if you are worried I would scold you don't be. It's already very late, Come on let's go home you need to rest." I felt like coaxing a scared puppy.

"Excuse me, mister, don't you feel like you are intruding. She clearly said she doesn't know you, why are you still here then" ok this woman was getting on my nerves right now. First, who is she even, and what is she doing with my Mia?

It seemed that both of our words were finally processed by Mia, as she took my hand " No, now I remember him. I told you about the guy I dating" she slurred through her speech a bit difficult to understand but the message was finally understood by that annoying woman.

"And if he is, then why were you not admitting to it before? Are you afraid of him? Does he harass you?" What was the problem with this woman, The last question did get on my nerves. I could never hurt her.

"I am glad that you are worried about me, but please don't make comments like this. I wouldn't tolerate any kind of disrespect against him. As for a boyfriend, he is the best in the world and I trust him the most, he could never hurt or leave me" Mia was quick enough to take my side though her stance was wobbly her words were firm. 

Honestly, the way she looked at me with a twinkle in her eyes, made my heart skip a beat. Moreover, the trust she had shown in me, made my insides turn. This was the first time someone outside of my life had blindly put their trust in me, outside of my family, I promised myself to never break it even if it broke me.