23 • Afraid •

23

Afraid

Rewrite the stars- Zendaya & Zac Efron

Mia's P.O.V.:-

You know the feeling you have when you are on a ferris wheel for very first time. The nervousness on being on such a height, your stomach feeling like its doing somersaults when you look down. But when you let go of your inhibitions and look around the sudden feel of excitment takes over.

The beautiful sky freckled with the stars like small jewels, you are in just awe of it. And the city in the distance jaded with lights while the wind blows gently caressing you, you feel peace. You feel that high, that rush of excitment.

Kissing Aiden, felt like it. That rush, that high it was an absolute euphoria the second our lips touched.

Sliding my hands through his defined back I rested them on his neck as he pulled me closer leaving no space in  between us. It was a simple kiss yet filled with passion, both of us not trying to deepen it. It wasn't that we didn't wanted to because I could feel him holding back but the two people who like each celebrating themselves, that it was real and not a figment of their dream.

His gentle hold on my waist and the delicate caress of my cheek was making my knees wobble, even in his drugged state he was careful not to hurt me. It tugged at my heart, making me smile in the kiss. But the next moment I let out a surprised gasp as he nipped at my bottom lip. Unfortunately the lack of breath made me pull away.

Opening my eyes I was met with a flustered Aiden who was still gazing me in awe, as if he couldn't believe that we kissed. It was a bit awkward, as both of us weren't speaking for a moment.

"That was-" I finally decided to breake the silence.

"Breathtaking" his hand rubbed circles on my shirt claded waist as he slurred through his words.

He went to say something but I could feel him getting more drowsy, as much as I would have liked to talk about it he still had a fever.

"It's okay Aiden, we'll talk later you rest now" he began to protest but I was quick to reprimand him. "I am not hearing any excuses Aiden, go to sleep"that shut him up, "I'll be here only okay, let me know if you need anything" reasurring in a soft voice I watched with confused eyes as he got hold of my hand slowly pressed it against his lips.

 I tried not to blush but I know it was impossible to do when a man like him was looking at me with such adoration reflecting in his eyes.

"Thanks" he lisped while finally succumbing to sleep, but he didn't let go of my hand even in his sleep.

I kept changing his cold water cloth for an hour or something, it was a bit difficult with one hand but I managed after nearly spilling the water over me.

The place was quiet with only the noise of cars coming from outside, but somehow it did very little to assure my restless state.

The kiss kept replaying in my head, the silence making me think whether it meant anything? Moreover will he even remember it? How should I react when he gets up? Should I talk or just ignore it? And if I should run with it or away from it?

All this thoughts were messing my mind, on top of that being in his house, his room, his bed beside him lingering in his space did little to assure me. Instead it reminded me of the man he is, the stature he has, and everything. He was always the one to calm me but today for some reason it was doing the opposite, if anything I felt overwhelmed.