21 • Terror •

21

Terror

Way down we go-Kaleo

Aiden's P.O.V.-

I was already annoyed at the interruption of the call just when I was about to confess to Mia, hoping that she also felt the same about me, but it seems that I had a pretty shitty day as the call ended up making my mood worse.

The fury building in me was becoming hard to restrain, fist clenching and unclenching. I tried not to break something. A hand slithered on my shoulder. "Aiden, hey, calm down." Her touch was a bit hesitating but comforting on my end.

It was like, without even showing it, she some how managed to decipher the mood I was in. But it wasn't enough for me; before I knew what I was doing, I pulled her into a bone-crushing hug. She let out a squeak and stood there, startled for a second. Sure,  we had hugged before, but it was nowhere close to this.

I held onto her so tight that I was sure that there was no air passing between us. With my head buried in her hair, the smell of lavender invaded my nostrils. As if coming out of a trance, slowly she let her hands glide through my back and rested them on my shoulder. While occasionally combing through my hair as if to calm me, and it was working.

We stood there for what felt like minutes, nothing but the silence and her embrace comforting me and helping me to pull my thoughts together.

"You okay now?" Her voice reached me, alerting me that at some point I had to leave her and face reality, but that was something I never wanted to do. I just wanted to forget all the worries and immerse myself in her presence, which made me feel at peace.

Reluctantly I broke free from the hug while mumbling a thanks. She waited for my explanation, "You know Issac Colton?" she furrowed her eyebrows trying to remember.

"Oh, the CEO of the construction company?" I nodded my head confirming her. "Yes, that asshole released a statement saying that the Kings corporation isn't what it seems, the Kings have been playing with everyone. It is an empire built on lies and deceit and some more apparently" thinking about it again had ignited the fury which had diminished.

She looked shocked at my statement, her eyes wide while she tried to formulate a sentence to say. "I need to do something, that bastard tried to defame my family's legacy. I can't let him get away with that" With that in my mind I racked my thoughts to do something.

"Wait Aiden, think about it. Don't take any irrational decisions." her words fell on deaf ears as I called my PR department head.

"Hello, King here. I need you to organise a press conference right now" I talked straight on point skipping the pleasantries.

"Right now sir, are you sure?" his voice meek as if threading on ice, but the question somehow aggravated me more.

"Tell me, did I stutter while giving you the instructions. No right, I am giving you an hour to organize it get it done" I ended the call while I Mia stood there gaping at me.

"Aiden, wait for one bloody second" she called as I tried to think what to deliver at the conference.

"What?" I unintentionally shouted, regretting immediately as she flinched. 

"Better watch your tone mister" she reprimanded me as I apologised instantly.

"I know it is not my business, but do you need to conduct the conference right away. I don't know a lot of the inner workings but I think you need to think this over." She tried to change my mind.