17 • High •

17

High

Fire on Fire- Sam Smith

Aiden's P.O.V.:-

That incident with Emilia had left me worried to the core, I made sure that shit didn't get out of jail. I had always seen her as a strong person, all three of them but she was clearly very shaken from it. Erasing my suspicion, that something in the past might happened which led to this.

And if that wasn't enough, the call with Mia terrified me. When I heard that she has also being cat called upon or sexist comments where passed I was enraged. Angry at the assholes who thought of doing any such thing, and that she has to deal with it everyday.

The normal yet disturbed tone of her made me shiver and question our society, it was that pushed me more to think what kind of place are we creating for people to live in.

The two weeks in New York were kind of boring, it was same old at least before Mia had walked in my life. I don't know why but I called at least 5 times, first it was just to check up on her and Emilia but then I just kept finding reasons to talk to her.

It was usually her talking and me listening, it got me through the boring weeks. Talking to her is always made me feel comfortable and refreshing. And besides she can counted as my good friend, so that was the only reason I talked to her no else, I mean come on.

The bliss on Augustine's face when Hannah said yes, was something positive I was looking for in the past weeks. Honestly it was all crying fest, bloody everyone was crying. I don't know how I wasn't.

It was this kind of positivity I was looking for, I mean with all the threats, finding that culprit, the incident with Emilia honestly had dropped my spirits. I mean talking to Mia always helped but I wanted to see someone close to me be truly happy.

I was grateful to Mia, as she played a huge role in bringing this together, best to say when I saw in her pj's I was star struck. I know it was wrong of me to look at her like that but when it comes to her all my common sense is out of the window. 

And what I said in kitchen was true no matter what, she looked beautiful. The way she made me feel with her close proximity was something beyond words. I don't know what had came over me to act like that, but the way she thought that she looked bad I just wanted to make her believe that no matter what she was beautiful.

It seems that moving her hair away from her face had became a habit of mine.

Also her reactions to my touch, made me realize that she was also affected by me that I wasn't the only one going bonkers. That made me feel better.

The best part was when she was covered in the lights, she looked so adorable it was truly a sight. 

" You know what we should go out to celebrate, my treat" I was pulled out of my reverie by Augustine.

"Glad you mentioned that, I mean we couldn't exactly say no to free food" The rest chuckled at Anna.

"Do we really have to go, I am tired man" Mia opposed, but in her defense she did a lot of work and seriously looked tired.

"Please Mia come on, for me please it is my special day." Hannah tried to blackmail her and succeeded even.

"Okay no need to do drama I'll go change, give me 10 minutes." she went in her room, while the rest of us talked.

I was in the kitchen putting the glasses away when Em started, "Aiden, I didn't get to say thank you for that day" she looks at me with painful yet grateful eyes.