20 • Is it a date? •

20

Is it a date?

Just the way you are- Bruno Mars

Mia's P. O. V. :-

Well, it was quite an eventful day. After dropping of Aiden, I finally got some time alone to think things through that happened. He was acting quite oddly, but then again that could be because of stress. More so over, what actually had occupied my mind was the feeling of being watched. With Aiden, I ruled it off as illusion as I didn't wanted to add more to his plate than he already had. But was it really my mind playing tricks?

The thought of being watched and followed was sending chills down my spine, rendering me to be paranoid. I hope that was not the case and it was just my mind.

It was dark as I walked in the house, I threw my stuff on the couch "So, how was today?" I let out a gasp as Em startled me who was sitting in the dark, who does that.

"The hell Em, you almost gave me a heart attack" I mean I was already paranoid with the stuff going to in my head.

"I was just waiting for you" She stated as if that was obvious.

"Okay, in the dark" I looked at her incredulously. She shrugged.

"What is there to eat I am starving?"

"I made some rice its in the fridge" I took it out and put it in the oven.

"Wait a minute, that wasn't the dress you were wearing in morning?" she looked at me with suspicion.

"Oh, yes I told you cause it isn't. I visited the kids, and as usual we got in a water fight. So the change of clothes" I explained to her as looked at me with squinting eyes.

"But you visited them last week, then why so now..." she trailed off.

"I don't need a reason to visit them" I know even if I take Aiden's name she'll tune in her interrogation mode.

"Okay spill what is going on" well as you know Em can be pretty intimidating.

"ItookAidenwithme" I spoke while stuffing food in my mouth.

"What, you...you took Aiden there! That place is like a your personal sanctuary. You hardly take us there" that was so not true....okay well I liked going there alone doesn't mean I don't like company.

"That is because, the kids are intimidated by you also Hannah becomes pretty emotional and Alex well he starts flirting with the helpers there" she still looked at me unconvincingly.

"Okay, Aiden was seriously disturbed and I wanted to take things off his mind, so as a good friend I did want I thought was right" and that was true, so many things were clouding his mind I know he didn't give away much but it was self explanatory.

"Ah there it is, but why did you choose that place only" she looked at with pressing expression.

"To be honest I don't know" I shrugged, as much I deny it I like to visit the kids alone as Em said it was like a personal sanctuary to me. Something which was close to me.

"Okay now spill the tea, what happened today" From there then I reluctantly told her everything.

"Wait you are going on a date with him" why does everyone has to take another meaning to that.

"No, Em it is just a dinner between two friends nothing else" she looks at me with a 'really' look.

And from there I knew where she was pointing at, "It is so clear that you both like each other" she declares.