19 • Realisation •

19

Realisation

I like me better-Lauv

Aiden's P.O.V.:-

"So can I finally know why I am here? I mean I am not asking as an entitled asshole. I love kids too ,What I am meaning to say it is great being here but what-" I rambled on as she laughed interrupting me.

"I get it Aiden and now to answer your question, look at those kids" I looked confused at her but trusted her, so I followed her lead.

"Look how happy and content they are playing with their friends" surely, all of them had a bright smile on their faces, enough to light up a dark room.

"They look so carefree not thinking about past, not scared about future. In the moment, enjoying their childhood. What I am meaning to say is we were the same when we were kids. Then what happens suddenly that changes us, money, career, people or we ourselves do that" she looked at me with a questioning gaze.

"Well for one, I was a very serious kid-" she interrupted me.

"Well that is new" she replied sarcastically, but that was true given I participated in many extra activities. But I was mostly focused on studies, unlike Augustine , Caelum and Anna who used to rome around a lot.

"Jokes apart, those kids had a difficult past. Some lost their parents, some were abandoned, some where given up and many more reasons. Yet they manage to be cheerful, do they don't miss them? No, of course they do but they know they have to continue to live on so why not live it to the fullest." she explains with a thoughtful expression on her face.

" I am saying is that, when we think about tomorrow we lose our today, and the cycle keeps continuing we never catch up cause we never will. We worry so much about our past and future that we somehow lose our present." she continues while I listen intently at her.

 "We lose some beautiful moments and people, Aiden it is okay that you worry about your family but don't lose yourself to that worry" I don't know, but she somehow make all this things so easy. Yesterday when she talked, I understood but I still couldn't get out of it.

I finally realised what she meant about losing some amazing moments, when I looked at her.

"Thanks, you know it was beautiful what you said" she smiled at me, while I marveled at her intelligence and the way to look at things. 

"What is something on my face?" it seemed I was staring at her for a long time, she rubbed her face with her hand. I caught her hand "Nothing you are extraordinary" she looked shy mumbling a thanks as her cheeks turned red.

The moment didn't last for long as one of the kid, came and took Mia away and she happily obliged with him. I waved at her and stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

I kept watching at her as she played with the kids, not caring about what people thought but focused on making those innocent souls happy. Clearly the kids loved her too, they were glad that someone made time for them and was happy to oblige in their antics.

" She is great with the kids, isn't she?" Mrs John pulled me out of my thoughts as  her kind eyes stared at me.

"Yeah that she is"I looked at Mia and saw her on the ground with the kids trying to tickle her, I think.

"You know I never thought, that she would come here once she grows up. Well I mean we all get busy, but it seems she surprised me." she praised.

" Well she likes to surprise people as far as I know her" I state recalling all our fights.