22 • Confessions •

22

Confessions

Girls like you- Maroon 5

A|n : Contains mature language

Mia's P.O.V.:-

"What do you think who came first egg or hen?" Caelum looked at me with furrowed brows.

"Are you seriously ignoring me?"he accused when I didn't answer him.

"I thought that was pretty obvious since the last hour. And don't you have any work to do other than sleeping on my couch" he gasp feeling offended.

" I asked if you were free, I had issues to talk about" I shake my head in annoyance as I try to focus on my work.

"Correction you invited yourself over and how could I be free between office hours" I state in a matter of fact tone.

"And why are you not annoying Aiden, he would be glad to hear all your worries" I focus my mind on work rather than letting it wander to Aiden who was rather acting strange . 

Enquiring about my whereabouts which he did early but now more so than often. His calls were becoming frequent almost daily, which made me have to find stuff to talk about.

All the more he looked more disturb than ever and if I asked him he would brush off being fine, I didn't pry knowing it would probably lead to an argument.

"Aiden the guy, wouldn't entertain me even for seconds before throwing me out of his office " I sniffle a chuckle as he mutters profanities under his breath as if reliving a experience.

"You know I wonder why I don't do that" I answer sarcastically.

"Well, because you are Mia and also nice" grinning  sheepishly at me he continues.

"Besides I wanted to talk about Aiden " he smirks as his name quickly captures my attention.

"How is Aiden your issue? Unless you had an intervention and realised that you like him" he squints his eyes at my taunts while I try to act nonchalant.

"Why in the world would I like that asshole, unless I have gone crazy or lost some screws" he states flailing his arms all around for extra emphasis.

"So you think I am crazy?"

"Are you admitting you like him" he wiggled his eyebrows while leaning on the desk.

"Wh-what pssh, and you know what get out. If you are just going to annoy me." with that I grab him at his ear ignoring his voices of protest.

"It is good I don't like him in that way, otherwise it would have been difficult for you" leaning on the door he states dramatically.

"Oh yes cause, you would be a real competiton wouldn't you" smiling mockingly I try to close the door.

"Yes believe me I would be, ask him about the time I kissed him. I think that was the best one he had" he puts his foot in the door, while pushing his face in the space.

"Yeah let me think about it, how about this. No" I push his face out while finally closing the door.

"Deny it, but we both know you want to hear why Aiden kissed me" his voice echoed in the foyer.

                                                                                                         ******

"This might be weird but did you kiss Caelum?" turns out Caelum was right, I was dying to know about it as I stood there before Aiden as he looked up from the file.