Chapter 4

I stood there and I could sense that the walls had eyes staring at me with disappointment and I couldn't even look up.
All I wanted to do is to get out but it seems I am walking on a snail.
The guilt was eating me up from within and I couldn't stop thinking about her even if I try.

I lay on the bed and the scenes kept replaying in my head and I groan. I wanted to snap a picture of her and share it to the world but what if she was running away from someone and this could invite many heartless people and now she's with an innocent baby and as much as I hate the idea I can't leave her like that.

But what if her family is hurting? What if this is a plan? At this stage she's vulnerable and I won't forgive myself if because of me someone hurts her or the baby.
I groan when the scene of me telling her that I am not her husband and damn how could I be so careless?

"But what if this is a trap?" I thought about it and I knew I will rather take precaution increase the security if I have to but I won't leave her alone and definitely not when she's with a child and for some reason has lost her identity.
I drove back to the hospital and I made my way to her room and knocked but there was no reply causing me to panic.
I slowly opened the door and she was sleeping. I pull a chair and sat beside her mesmerized by her beauty and I remember the way she stares at me when Dr. Knight told her I was her husband and damn those eyes.

It was a bad idea that I wanted to run my fingers through her hair but I remembered the pain in her eyes and I run my hand through my hair instead. "Regain your memory Faith, my entire life depends on this." I whisper looking at her and the door opened startling me.
"Oh sorry, no one was supposed to be here." The nurse said making her way towards her IV fluid and I forced a smile.
"Dr. Knight's orders. I am supposed to be with her, poor girl she's all alone and doesn't have a clue about her past." She sympathizes and I glance at her still sleeping.

"No family member yet?" I asked and she shook her head recording something on her file. "Will she be okay? How is the baby and has she eaten?" I awkwardly asked and she stops writing to look at me with admiration.
"She'll be fine and yes she has eaten and the baby is fine." She sweetly smiles and I nod.
"If you don't mind I want to stay with her." I said and her eyes glimmer with admiration and surprise. "No need dear, I am for the night shift and it won't be..." She said and I stood up making her stop talking.
"I insist and you can come and ask me to leave if you think I am..."

"You can stay." She said and I smile at her. "Thank you." I said and she nods before going out.
I look at her peacefully sleeping and I sigh. "What could be your story and why the heck did you choose me?"
"What are you doing here Aidan? We were clear that you're free right?" Dr. Knight asked and I open one eye to look at him and it was morning already. "Do you think I am happy with the sudden change?" I retort.
"Yeah I know you're not and that's why I let you off the hook. I wouldn't let you get in trouble because of her." He calmly explains and I glance at her.

"I was thinking and I have decided to play along because she might be in trouble and because of the baby. But please do send all the things I need to do for her to regain her memory." I said and he smiles. "But you don't have to do it." He said and I scoff. "Tell that to a believer. You're even a suspect." I accused and he chuckles.
"She's going to wake up very soon and then you can apologize." He laughs when I stare with wide eyes and quickly picked my jacket ready to leave.

"With this morning breath, I don't want her to see me like this. I've a reputation to maintain. Tell her I will be back." I explain and his eyes held amusement. "Are you trying to impress her?" He teasingly said wiggling his eyebrows and I huff. "I don't impress." I retort and walked out before he'd tease me again.
I went to the kitchen and met Rose and kiss her cheek and she folds her arms waiting for an explanation and I heave a sigh before explaining everything.

"Poor girl, Aidan how could you be so insensitive?" She scolds and I roll my eyes.
"Rose, did you get what I said? I'm the poor guy her, I am stuck with her."  I defend and she sighs. "Let's talk after you have showered." She winks and I sniff my shirt.
"You've a nice way of telling me I stink." I chuckle and went upstairs.
After shower all I wanted to do was to sleep as my body aches and I couldn't sleep well last night and I have to be at the hospital and I inwardly groan when the thought of seeing her makes me nervous for some unusual reason.

I wore a grey shirt and black jeans and went to the kitchen. I sip my coffee. "Rose, please you've to come with me and make her eat something. I think she hates me now." I said and she nods.
"Ain't you overdressed? We're going to the hospital and not on a date." Rose teases and I smirk.
"My reputation Rose." I wink and she shook her head.
I bite on my apple as I watched her packed fruits and the soup she prepared for her and I open the door for her and she decided to keep the basket on her lap.

Dr. Knight told me she was awake and watching Tv and she completely ignored me after she saw me like damn girl you should be drooling.
She was sitting on the bed hugging her knees and changing channels with the remote and didn't even reply when I said hi but I felt bad when her eyes held fear for a while.
"Maybe we should have her ears checked." I told Rose and I stopped breathing when her eyes pierced mine.
I swear I saw fumes but it was gone and her eyes soften looking behind me.

"Hello dear, thank God you're safe. I was so worried." Rose spoke and she stares innocently and completely confused.
"One minute I thought she was going to grind my bones and the next she was a saint." I thought as I watch them.
"You probably don't remember but I'm Rose View, I and my husband work for your husband." Rose introduces and I playfully roll my eyes. "Drama queens." I huff.
"I'm sorry Rose, I don't remember anything. It's scary and blank and it hurts when I force myself to recall. All I remember was the voice calling my name but I can't see the face." She nervously explains and she touched her bandage and Rose holds her hand and smile.

"Don't stress yourself dear, it's not good for you and the baby." Rose told her in a calm manner and she sweetly smiles. "Thank you." Faith said her eyes teary and Rose cups her cheek.
"I'm Aidan Walker if you care to know." I said getting annoyed with her ignoring me and she stares daggers at me.
"Whatever." She mutters and I clenched my teeth. "Whatever!" I gawk and Rose turned to me secretly telling me to shut up.
I was getting used to her ignoring me for the past couple of days and she was a real definition of a real pain in the ass. She was discharged and she was wearing my sweatpants and a black hoodie and she smiles at the nurse and Dr. Knight.
"Thank you for everything." She politely said and they smile.

I was told to bring her for review and some maternal checkups. "Shall we baby?" I sweetly said and all I got was a glare and she walked pass me.
"Damn, this woman is driving me nuts." I grit my teeth and follow her as I've already put her things at the backseat.
"I'm trying to pretend here so can you please follow the script and work with me." I badly wanted to tell her as I opened the door and she sat in the car.
"Seatbelt." I said and she stares at the window ignoring me and I got out of the car opening her side of the door and lean in securing her seatbelt and I smirk when her eyes widen and I know she was holding her breath.

"Now you're safe." I said staring at her and he nose flares.
"Was it necessary to get out of the car?" She retorts with her eyebrow raised and I clenched my teeth. I only got a reaction from her when the gate opens and she looked around and started rubbing her bandage and I hold her hand in mine making her stop only to glare at me and I clear my throat.
"We're home." I said letting go of her hand and opened the door for her.

Rose came just in time and took her inside and I went to my room and took a shower. I open the door to her room and she was fast asleep and I went to the kitchen.
"I'm leaving Rose." I announce and she frowns. "Without her?" She incredulously asked and I nod. "Definitely without her and please stay with her and call me immediately if you need me." I instructed and she deeply sighs.
"Take care of her." I kiss her cheek and walked to my car.