Chapter 20

"Follow me and let me narrate everything." She said making her way to the door and turns to look at me. "Are you coming?" She asked and I snapped out of my thoughts and follow her.
She stops at the living room and points at the couch. "I was there as usual with nothing to do but to wait for my darling husband to come home." She starts, with a low key of sarcasm and she faked a smile when I look at her.

"I was with Rose and she came in and took the seat over there and damn I have to praise you for your taste in women except her attitude though." She said and I clenched my teeth to prevent myself from laughing.

"Why does she have to be this cute?" I thought.

"I know you're probably thinking I am nagging and annoying but it is hard Aid. I am fat and pregnant and to top it all I have no stable career and I don't think I have talent. I am basically a useless being and not only that I have these unstable hormones and your perfect ex showed up and spitting in my face all that I want to be." She said and then went to the kitchen and I followed her.

"She came to tell me that she is literally here to take you back and you see this glass?" She asked and then dropped it in the dustbin.
"I hate it because she drank from it." She looks at me and sighs.
"This is the time I wished I had my memory back." She grumbles and I froze.

"Why do you need your memory for?" I snap and she turns sharply to look at me and then look down as if she's tired.
"Just this one time I will let it go Aidan." She calmly said and I was stunned.
"You know what fuck this shit Aid!" She snaps and she moves closer.
"I take it back Aid, I won't ignore it. You're seriously asking why I want my memory back. Are you hiding something from me?" She accused pointing a finger at my chest and damn she's hot.

"What are your plans for me after the baby is born?" She asked and I frown.
"What are you talking about?" I asked and she deeply looks into my eyes.
"We both know that you're human and you have thought about me being useless. Just admit it and I promise I won't be mad." She went back to lean on the counter and pushed her behind her ear.

"She is out there to take you back and I am scared." She looks at the floor and I move closer to hug her. "You don't need to be scared because I will be here everyday to tell you that I choose you." I said raising her chin with my thumb and I kiss her forehead. "I love you and I think you deserve to know what happened between us again. Do you want to?" I asked caressing her cheek and she nods.

I took her to the living room and I made her sit on my lap.
I played with her hair and it was getting hard to tell the story and wondering where I should fit her in the lies.
"I didn't buy her that ring. At first I was going to but I lost interest in love and marriage and she said marriage doesn't have to be like the ancient ways and we can change the rules and she even showed me the ring she bought. But she cheated with my friend and I broke up with her." I said and she was silent.

"I swear and trust me on this, I will never do anything to break our marriage and just got to know she is back when she showed up at the party and today she called me to meet her at the office and she planned this so that she could meet you here." I explain and her eyes widen and there is something in her eyes that made me stop to think about what I just said.

"But telling me a lie that you have to work in the office but actually going to meet your ex was your plan." She calmly said and looks at me with disappointment.
"Baby..." I tried to hold her hand but she glares at me and I stopped.
"I am tired." She said and went upstairs.

"Shit."

I went to the room and I found her lying on her side and she didn't bother to look at me but she pretended to be asleep.
I went to shower. I know couples fight but in case someone is missing the point, she is not mine and our time is limited and unpredictable.
I lay on the bed and she didn't turn to rest her head on my chest like always and it sucks. Damn what am I going to do if she regains her memory?