Chapter 29

I lied when I made her feel like I can't wait to see her go.
I lied when I told her that I called her family and they will be here tomorrow but I do know one person who is going to be here, her husband.
When Alexis told me about her ex, I knew it was just a matter of time and time has seconds, minutes and hours but I didn't expect it to be this soon.

When I told her that I was going to take care of something, I was going to actually dig her past but her past called asking about Faith Springs and that he is her husband.
He was not my most dangerous threat because I knew Faith won't remember him and she will choose to stay with me.
What I feared most is her memory.

This is a wish of a fool thinking he has the power to control everything and when she told me the truth she killed something inside of me, my hope and faith in love.
She exposed that organ of mine that beats inside of me outside without warning or protection.
The first instinct was to protect my heart and stop the bleeding and I didn't want to believe her when she said she wants me.
I wanted to take the offer and make sure that I can be what she wants but I couldn't.

She is just making decision in a haste and as pathetic as it sounds I wanted to take her words for it but the woman standing in front of me telling me she loves is not just any woman, I love her more than I can imagine, I respect her and God only knows how many words I have for her.
And one thing I know is how she loves and her husband is that lucky bastard.

All that I was doing was to protect I mean preserve what is left in my heart and Alexis spat in my face in front of everyone.
"He doesn't deserve you Faith." Alexis' words added salt to my wounds.

I know I don't deserve her and I know I quit too soon when it comes to the matter of the heart.
I know all that fucking well but it hurts for her to say it like that.
I went outside to cool off and I clenched my teeth when my phone rings and I cursed beneath my breath when I saw the number.

"Can you stop calling me?" I snap.

"Hello to you too. I wanted to know if she is alright." Nathan said and I glare at a distance wishing that I can punch him right now.
I remained silent and he clears his throat. " I called her family and they think I am mocking them so I want to tell you that her dad will be calling like right now and it is a sensitive matter so please just let Faith be the first to talk to him or he might sends a sniper after us." He explains and unknown number was calling in and I quickly ended the call and answered the unknown one.

"I swear to God that if this is a prank I will kill you and those viruses that infected my daughter's life. I should have killed that imbecile when I got the chance. My daughter Faith is dead and all I want is for her soul to be cleansed from those viruses and how can you be insensitive?" He threatens and I saw Faith making her way to the patio and I watched her.

"Please sir, it is true, your daughter is alive." I answer and he huffs.
"You sound like a sensible guy but I am losing my patience." He warns and I sigh.
"Sir please let me FaceTime you and I will let you talk to your daughter, she is here with me." I calmly said.

"What is my daughter doing in a man's house? Why does she always attract the bad choice?" He asked in his overprotective tone.
"Jason, she is dead." I heard a woman's voice. " I know but her spirit might be listening, she should avoid men wherever she is." He said and I hung up and I FaceTime them and within a second he answered.

"Oh wow." The woman beside the man who is staring daggers at me said and she is definitely Faith's mum.
"At least I know the face now and I will be reporting you to the police but don't rejoice yet you will dead before you get there if this is a prank." He threatens and I walked towards Faith and she was hugging her knees on the couch looking at a distance and she was oblivious of me standing beside her.