Chapter 9

There's no turning back now. Someone was supposed to say cut to this movie before it gets complicated but here we are, after knowing how she tastes all I want is to taste her lips again and again. I watch her as she took her medicine and I just realized I haven't been helpful for the past week but right now I want to be all that she desires in a man.

"Just one kiss bro." My mind retorts.

Yeah just one kiss and I can't stop myself from making all those promises. She's in my arms in a position that makes it hard to focus on the Netflix movie we're watching and I couldn't stay awake.

I open my eyes to look at what she was doing, she was brushing her nose against mine and she giggles. "You didn't watch it." She said her eyes full of happiness and I smirk.
"I like it better listening as you narrate." I wink and she blushes.
She's a fake wife, that's all she is but she doesn't know it but I do and I don't know how to make it stop and do I even want to?

She's a bad addiction and I am her helpless victim and I am trying hard to fight it and I just thought I could be a jerk to her but I saw her cry and I can't do it anymore.
I don't want to be a jerk who took advantage of her when it's over and I should be the adult here with the full memory but I just lost it when she traces her fingers on my eyebrows, my cheeks and my jawline like she's drawing me.

She's supposed to be a fake wife and not Mrs. Perfect.
I gulp when her eyes stare at my lips and then at me and shit her eyes darkening with desires. I pull her close and I smirk at how strong she is when she straddles me hungrily crashing her lips on mine, her hands pulling my hair and I forgot the warnings again.

We were out of breath and pull away and she yawns making me laugh.

"You need to rest firefly." I said and she looks at me and damn she's cute. "Firefly?" She asked totally amused and I kiss the tip of her nose. "Sleep now baby." I said and she rests her head on my chest and it was like my heart was on a rollercoaster.
I couldn't stop playing with her hair and watching her whilst she sleeps and I gave up trying to find solution to this game.

I carry her and I love how she secures her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck and she just fits perfectly. She buries her head in the crook of my neck and I shiver when her lips brush my neck.
I placed her on her bed and tuck her in before kissing her forehead and turn off the light. I went downstairs and brought her water in case she wakes up and she's thirsty.

I lay on the bed billion thoughts run through my mind on how to make her and the baby safe with me, all the things we'll do together and I groan.
How could my life just turn like that over night? And I know if someone doesn't fix this mess soon I will be doomed.
For goodness sake she's in the other room and it's just a matter of time and she'll be securing her rightful place beside me and I am thinking of using one of the rooms for the baby's nursery so could someone tell me how the heck will things go back to the way it was before she appeared into my life?

"You can buy a new house."

"And what about the memories? What am I going to do with it?
Silence.

And now I am a professional liar. I closed my eyes hoping my mind takes the hint and let me sleep but I heard her screaming and I rush to her room and she was tossing and turning, murmuring something I couldn't grasp.
"Baby, open your eyes." I said pulling her up and she opens her eyes and she was terrified and her lips begin to quiver and I hold her tight when she throws her arms around my neck crying.

"Hush, firefly, it is just a dream and I am here now." I coax running my hand through her hair and she was calming down.
I pulled away just to give her water and help her drink it.
"I'm scared Aid, I heard the voice again and some other voices but I couldn't see their faces." She murmurs about to cry again and I cup her cheek making her look at me and I kissed her forehead.