Chapter 6

Has she regained her memory or has she burned the house down?
"What!" I yell and I heard her voice. "That man is a jerk, an irresponsible jerk and I am surprised nobody warned me not to marry him or is it my fault? What could have possibly attracted me to him or am I those girls always attracting the worse kind of men? I'm not carrying the Messiah so how dare he leave me alone. He's not even drop dead gorgeous." She rants loud enough for me to hear and I formed a fist in order to control my rising anger.

"Hello Aidan, she refuses to take her medicine." Rose said concern laced in her voice and I wanted to hit something.
"I'm scared for her and the baby." She continues and I pace the room and started packing.

"Rose, tell her..."

"Rose is that him?" She asked and I was patiently waiting for her outburst.
"You! Just tell me you didn't force me to marry you and I will crash my soul for falling for you." She spat and I roll my eyes.

"Well baby, you even threatened to kill me if I didn't marry you because my darling you were madly and desperately in love with me." I explain and she loudly groans making me smirk.

"Well I desperately want to spat in your face that you're lying but just look at me, I am paying dearly for being young and stupid to fall for you." She drops the bomb and I swear she was hitting on my last nerve and I heard Rose laughing and there were laughter behind the door.
I glare at them as they were eavesdropping.

"She's feisty, I like her." Alexis mouths when she opens the door and I roll my eyes.
"You happened to like anything that causes me pain." I said and she brightly smiles. "Aww, but definitely not Jane." She points out and I glare at her.
"Tell me honestly, were you always like this or was it a time you even let devil get jealous of me because I had you?" She asked and I huff.

"Tell me why was I in the car in the first place? Was it to get away from you? I need to know the truth." She said and I close my mouth looking at my family glaring and daring me to say anything to hurt her. "Trust me on this, I will let our baby know what type of father you are and I swear if it's a boy, he will never inherit your genes not even that face you used to deceive me. This I promise you." She threatens and I couldn't hide my smile.

"So you think I am handsome?" I tease and she groans.
"Of course you knucklehead. Don't you look at yourself in the mirror?" She asked and I think she is not aware of what she is saying.
"Oh God no." She gasps making my heart skips a beat.
"What are you alright?" I asked and I didn't know why I was showing concern all of a sudden.

"Talk to me are you okay?" I asked and the silence was killing me.
"I just realized I am afraid for my baby. What good traits will he or she gets from you? You're a jerk and irresponsible and having low self esteem of how hot he is. I can hear the devil mocking me for my bad taste in men." She said and I blink a couple of times grasping her words and the family laughs.

"How dare..." I stop when she ended the call.

"Arrgh, she's driving me nuts!" I groan and I look at them.
"That's the devil I'm talking about so now do I get to be the poor guy." I throw my hands in exasperation. "You're doing it again sis." Alexis teases and I glare at her.
"She didn't mean it. You go and take care of her." Mum said touching my cheek warmly and I heave a sigh.

"Mum don't sweet talk him, he's a man enough to handle it. She has summarized everything." Alexis said and mum laughs.
"Be gentle with her Aid." Grandma said as I sat in my car and they wave at me.
I stare at the road and I wonder why I even tried to be a hero without a mask like most heroes. Alexis called as usual and it was better with her annoying talks than the harsh reality waiting for me.

I parked the car and nod at Desmond and I went inside and slump on the couch and saw Rose coming downstairs.
"You're here." She said and I nod.
"So where is she?" I asked and she sat down beside me.
"She's asleep and she just took her medicines." She explains and I gawk at her.

"She what!" I snap and shook my head. "That's good news right? I was scared for her and the baby, she was aggressive." She said ignoring my outburst and I rub my temple.
"She did it intentionally; my misery somehow helps her to relax." I murmur and I went upstairs straight to her door as I peek and she was asleep.

"She's definitely going to be the death of me."

I woke up early and went to check on her before going downstairs. I kiss Rose on the cheek and sat down.
"You look tired, couldn't sleep?" She asked and I run a hand through my hair.
"You were worried right?" She asked with a smile and I shook my head.
"Definitely not about her but for me, she can attack at anytime." I said and she chuckles.

"Faith? She's a sweet girl if you get the chance to know her." She said and I huff.
"All I want is her..." I stop as my eyes were glued to her and the fact that she was wearing my shirt, her hair messy with those sexy legs and damn she's quite a sight. I heard Rose chuckles probably at me drooling but damn her, how are we going to pretend when she looks like this in the morning.

My gaze lands on her flat belly and I gulp when our eyes met and she glares at me.
She passed by me to Rose and kisses her on the cheek completely ignoring me. "I'm starving Rose and I promise I will help you prepare lunch, I don't wanna be a spoiled brat." She said with a pout and I scoff.

"Trust me baby, spoiled brat is your middle name. So now that you know can we talk about yesterday?" I grit my teeth and I saw stars in her eyes when Rose brought her food and she glares at me.
"Are you gonna apologize?" She asked looking at me with her eyebrow raised and then concentrates on her food ignoring me again.

"Sorry?"

"That's not necessary, I just need to eat my food in peace and forget you exist." She said blowing air on her oatmeal and I gawk.
"What? That's not any apology; I am expecting you to apologize. I had to drive back because of your tantrum." I retort and she looks at me her luscious lips ready to blow on her food.
"Tantrum?" She deadpans.

"I have nothing to apologize for and I definitely remember not asking you to come back." She faked a smile and I clenched my teeth trying hard not to explode.
"But I did." I retort and she shrugs taking her time to swallow and looks at me.
"I can see that." She nonchalantly said and I just look at her.
"You said I am handsome yesterday." I said trying to make her mad and somehow cool mine and she just stares at me like I'm a dumb kid.

"So what? You still are and at least I can boast about my choice in men." She said and continues to eat leaving me alone with my anger.
"Should I be worried about our baby? So far all that I see is the disappointment and this time I wished I was the sole producer of this baby." She calmly said but sharp enough to bruise my ego.

"This conversation is not over." I told her and she smirks as the door bell rings and I stood up. "Trust me it is over." She said out loud and I ignore her and I was surprised to see my family.
"And where is she Aidan? Is she alright?" Mum asked and they stare at someone behind me. She was going upstairs but turns and smiles like an angel.

"Hi." She shyly murmurs and they were in trance. "Hi dear, I'm your mother-in-law, Anna Walker." Mum introduces and my eyes widen.

And now she's welcome into the family.