Chapter 39

I feel like burning the world right now. This was my chance to prove myself that I am half as good as the legends of the Walker family were.
I thought about this and I know not everything will work out all the time but this was kinda important. Steel's company got there before we did and it was all part of a plan.
He is even celebrating and the whole world knows now that he won the battle against me.

Faith, damn I need and want that woman right now. I can't believe I neglected her, I failed keeping my promise to her but all these were for her and the kids.
It is hard to find a gift that can represent who she is to me and all that I can do is try, I still haven't found the perfect gift.
Aimee and Ivan went home but I decided to stay in my office for a while or forever if I could.
I don't want to see the disappointment in her eyes. I took the picture frame with her picture on it.
"I am sorry." I mumble and I switched off my phone.

"Aidan baby." Faith calls my name and damn she really knows how to say it and she stood at the door, her eyes held concern.
"What are you doing here?" I asked and she throws her arms around me giving me the kind of warmth I need right now and I hug her back inhaling her perfume.
"Does it matter ? You are here." She murmurs and I hug her tight.
I wish I could stay forever like this and I didn't want to let her go but it feels like I am crashing her bones.

I let go of her but I maintained the proximity and she cups my cheek.
"I heard what happened." She cautiously said and I pulled back letting her hand falls on her side. "Of course you did. It is on the fucking news!" I snap and she took a step back forcing a smile when I looked at her.
"You don't mind me sitting here right?" She coyly asked and damn how can she be so hot and cute right now?

"Aidan?" She said my name and I snapped out of my thoughts.
"Do you want me to leave?" She asked, her eyes boring into my soul and I was lost with the words I wanted to say and I shook my head instead making her smile.
She went to sit on the couch and she had her hands intertwined and she kept looking around like what those new employees do.
I don't know why I haven't kissed her already but watching her like this helps calm me down and I want to take my time with the kiss.

I have been watching her and she is fidgeting her phone, she was typing and then stops to smile at me before putting the phone away.
"Babe, I don't want to impose but do you wanna hit the road and we can go wherever you like." She said making her way towards me and I relaxed in my chair and just stare at her.
She gave me her hand and I took it. I opened the door for her and I hold her hand tight as we made our way to the parking lot. She stopped me before I could open the door for her and she smirks.

"Let me be the chauffeur for today and a gentle lady." She playfully said making me chuckle. She opens the front seat door for me and I couldn't help but smile and she leans in after closing it.
"Are you comfortable?" She asked and I move closer feeling her breaths on my face and I kissed her and we pulled away after a while. "I am now." I mumble and she blushes.
She came to sit on the driver's seat and she looks at me.
"You can choose any song for the ride." She said before starting the car.

The ride was slow giving me time to think and capture the moment at the same time and I glance at her and the only thing I could come up is how lucky I am to find her and with her on my side I can do anything.
We didn't talk but even with the silence seems so loud and she really gets me. It has almost been an hour riding to nowhere in particular and her touch says much more.

We came home and she used my tie to blindfold me. "What are you doing bae and besides let's take it to our room, the kids will be here any sec." I said and she chuckles.
"They are at mum's place and they will be staying for the night." She explains and I move my hand to get a hold of her.
"I want to be alone." I said removing the tie and I saw the hurt in her eyes and I don't understand why I am being a jerk.