Chapter 7

"Not bad bro." Ivan winks as he puts his arm over my shoulder and I glare at him.
"I'm sorry that I can't remember you. But I'm happy you're here. But can I know your names again, I'm so sorry." She softly said touching her head and mum holds her hand.
"This is Grandma Valerie, Alexis and her husband Ivan and the twins, Aimee and Amber and this precious angel is Hazel." Mum said and Faith politely smiles and nods.

"Hazy, can I carry you just for a while." She said so gently and Hazel opens her arms too willingly for my liking.
Hazel wraps her arms around her neck and she giggles at what Faith whispers into her ear. "Is she the one on the phone?" Aimee asked looking at her playing with Hazel and I huff.
"The one and only, don't be fooled she has two face." I whisper and she scoffs.

"That's cool. I like her." She shrugs making me frown. "Wait, what?" I asked and she rolls her eyes. "Maybe she has two face but watch them." She points at Faith paying attention to what Hazel was saying.
"We call some animal beasts but their little ones will think otherwise." Aimee said and I raised an eyebrow.
"Maybe she doesn't like you enough and for some reason your pride is hurt." Amber calmly said and Aimee mischievously grins at her and I gave them the hard look.

Amber is the silent type but when she finally speaks she hits the target like an expert.
"My pride hurt? Psst what is it there not to like?" I smirk and they look at me.
I shook my head when Amber was about to say something and Aimee giggles. "Nope, not a word from you. I like you better when you're silent." I said and they laugh.

I sat on the couch with them and they had their attention on her and having these admirations because she kinda seems natural with Hazel. My jaw clenched when my shirt was way below her middle thighs and I had a hard time looking away and I turned to look at Ivan who busily looking at his phone.

"C'mon Faith, I brought you some clothes to try it on and we'll make it girls' day when you're better and in the mood of shopping." Alexis said pulling her on her feet and Hazel holds her hand.
I watch them made their way upstairs with the twins and Hazel holding on tight to Faith like a leech and Grandma and mum went to the kitchen.

Ivan follows me to the office and I grunt when he closes the door and had a stupid grin on his face. "She's beautiful and natural with Hazel, I like her." He said as he slumps on the couch.
"You need a nanny for Hazel?" I asked and he rolls his eyes again.
"She's one of those people passing through my life and this one is even clear, no need for attachment. She might regain her memory any minute now." I said.

"But..."

"She's pregnant and this could only means she has a family somewhere. I just want everyone to be safe when the unexpected change arrives." I said and he sighs.
"So you need me to hire a private investigator?" He asked and I shook my head.
"I want to but I can't risk it. She has been through a lot already and it might be she's running from something. We can't risk someone ever finding her and the baby." I explain and he nods.

"Faith!"

I glance at Ivan before running downstairs and she was on the couch shaking. "What happened?" I asked as I kneel in front of her holding her trembling hands in mine and her beautiful eyes now hold fear. "I'm f-fine." She mumbles forcing a smile and I glare at her.
"She stumbles back in fear when Hazel started calling her." Mum explains handling her a glass of water and I watch her guzzle it.

"There were just some quick flashes and I heard the voice calling me again." She said hugging herself and deeply inhales before exhaling.
"And do you remember anything?" I hopefully ask and she stares at me with glassy eyes longer before shaking her head crashing my hopes of being free. "It was all dark. I'm sorry." She mumbles and I sigh. Hazel climbs on her lap hugging her and I was mesmerized at how her mood can easily change and the next thing I know she was in the kitchen talking and laughing with them.

At lunch time she couldn't stop laughing and pissing me off when I was asked to pray and after that she covers her lips anytime our eyes meet.
"She's worse than Alex and I hope they won't be friends." I thought.
Rose announces that she is leaving as I gave them some time away from work and I saw the tears in Faith's eyes.

"Aww, Rosy, I'll miss you very much and I can't believe I will be dealing with him alone." She whines knowing I was right beside her but she just doesn't give a damn.
It was left with the two of us after everyone left and she was awfully quiet and ignores me.
She went to her room without saying a word and I went to my office to go through some files before tomorrow's meeting. Her appointment with Dr. knight is next week and I wrote it down.

I was done and it was midnight. I try opening her door to see if she's okay but it was locked. I slump on the bed staring at the ceiling and it was getting hard to keep my eyes open.

The aroma fills my nostrils and I went to get ready before going downstairs. I knock on her door but there was no answer and it hits me that Rose won't be coming and damn that girl, she's always getting on my nerve.
I pause and it was like I was programmed to watch her, she's in my grey shirt and damn her she looks breathtaking.

I was pissed that she's just few steps away but she's not mine to touch and she's making it difficult. She was startled when she saw me checking her out and it didn't help when she innocently smiles at me and this time it was genuine.
"Oh hey... good morning. I didn't see you there." She cheerfully said and I hold her by the arms pulling her away making her glare at me.
"What is your problem anyway!" She snaps, her nose flaring and I clenched my teeth.

"What's my problem? It's you and always you since the..." I stop when her lip quivers and her eyes teary and never have I felt the need to kiss anyone in my life and I let go of her as if she burns.
"You need to rest and if not for you please do it for the baby. What if you have those flashes again and hurt yourself. I will be in the office and don't worry someone will be here any moment now to take your order and you can order anything you like." I said not able to look at her and I left before I do something stupid like giving into the wild desires of kissing her.

"Get a grip Aidan Lance Walker!"

I was in the conference room with some investors and I was finding it difficult to concentrate. I thought this was going to be easy.
"She's impossible." I mutter and Ivan kicks me under the table and he smirks and the investors look at me like what the hell and I desperately wanted to say the hell is in the form a woman in my house slowly burning me with her flames.

"What my partner meant to say is that this project is like a woman and she's impossible." Ivan steps in and I forced a smile at them.
"But no matter how impossible she may be at the end we will find a way to make her ours. No matter what it takes." Ivan said smirking at me and the investors had satisfactory grin.
"We trust you Walker and Johnson." Mr. Bailey said and we nod.

They left and I turn to see Ivan smirking and I roll my eyes.
"What just happened, Aidan Lance Walker distracted in a meeting? Are you now thinking about Jane and her betrayal or there's another woman getting under your skin?" He teases and I show him my middle finger making him crack up. "I will be waiting for you to confess." Ivan yells as I made my way towards the door and slam it hard and I could hear him laugh.

I was on my way to my office and my personal assistant and secretary Phoebe came with a worry look and I raised an eyebrow.
"What's wrong Phoebe?" I asked. "Sir, a woman is looking for you and she said you're her husband." She nervously said and I groan.
"Damn it, where is she?" I asked and she points at her.
"Sir but you're not married right?" She asked and I was staring at Faith.

"Let it remains so for now." I told her and she nods. I walk her and no matter how I tried to ignore her, she's looking radiant in her black dress.
I found myself remembering what happened in the morning and the desires were awakening and I pull her to my office and locked it.

Damn I want to kiss the hell out of her right now.

"What on earth are you doing here?" I grit my teeth and her eyes hold unshed tears and she puts a box on my desk.
"Did you ever love me?" She asked and quickly wipes her tears and left with me staring at the closed door like a fool.

Oh crap, this is getting complicated.