Chapter 37

Sundown, this is going to be one of my favorite things. It is happening and I still can't wrap my mind around it, I am going to be Mrs. Walker and this time for real.
It all seems like a dream but I know I am wide awake so it could be daydreaming.

I wore my white morning robe boldly caption THE BRIDE and I went to the window and closed my eyes breathing in the air and I couldn't help but smile imagining the look on Aidan's face when I walk down the aisle.
"That is a beautiful one sister-in-law!" Amber shouts making me open my eyes and she was pointing her camera at me outside the window and I wave at her and then blow her a kiss.

Mum knocks and opens the door and one look at her and the tears were begging to come out.
She is proud and happy and now it is my turn to have her beautiful eyes look at me like their source of light and joy.
She opens her arms wide and I run into them feeling her warm embrace and she rubs my back.

"All the time you were wondering where you fit in and if you were ever good enough, you were to me honey but your heart was hurt so you didn't believe me." She softly said and I pull away to look at her with glassy eyes.
"When I first found out that I was pregnant, you did nothing to prove yourself to me but I already love you and you and your sisters are my greatest joy." She cups my cheek and I let the tears fall and I sniff.

"We both know your time is now and I am not worry because I know you're going to be alright and no matter what I will be here. I love you baby." She sweetly said rubbing my cheek with her thumb and my eyes were filled with tears and her eyes sparkle with fresh tears and I hug her.
"I love you more mum." I whisper hugging her tight.
"Enough for now, we should get ready." She quickly said pulling away and wiping her tears and I nod.

I am getting emotional and I don't think it is a good idea to cry on my wedding day.
I am happy and that is undeniable but somehow I am trying to teach myself an important lesson on my wedding day.
I have been on this road before but we all know how it ended, I felt lost, useless and the future was a total darkness and all I wanted was for it to end.
The future I was creating in my head whilst standing in the dark was scary and hopeless and I took a step without faith when the morning came and the road wasn't easy but it led me to Aidan and I know why the road was hard.

I sat down and the makeup artist, Lisa and her hairstylist Naomi started working on me and my eyes were hurting when Amber started playing Ave Maria by Beyoncé.