Chapter 14

My head is on fire and maybe it just burnt all the pages containing my memories. I slowly look around with droopy eyes but I couldn't see anything and I feel weak and drifted back to sleep.

I feel empty and my head aches like someone is forcing to cut it open and there have been voices but they are faceless and that makes me shudder.
I couldn't get what they are saying but that is the loudest thing I have ever heard until there's this voice that shouted Faith and I know that could be my name, you know that feeling when someone calls your name or whatever.

Only if I could see the face but the harder I try, I feel that pang and it's like I am burning alive.
"Please make it stop." I said it in my head and I couldn't open my eyes. And just like that there's this other voice that soothes the pain and calms the raging storm in my head.

"Hold on bae, stay with me." I replay it in my head and it sounds like magic words and I open my eyes.

There is a man in a white coat and a woman beside him and they both smile calming me down and I look around figuring where I am and what happened.
I tried to sit up and I groan.
"Take it easy." He sweetly said and I touch the bandage on my head hissing. I look around and I glare at the drip and I gulp when I saw the blood on finger and I turn to look at the man in white coat.

"We're going to change that for you." He points at my bandage and I forced a smile.
"What happened?" I croak. "How are you doing?...And by the way I'm Dr. Knight and this is nurse Antonia." He introduced and I look at him. I sat still as the nurse changed my bandage.
"Thank you." I said and she smiles.

"You had an accident Miss or Mrs..." he stops to look at me and I had no idea what to say to him. Should I tell him I don't know or I can use the name Faith? "My n-name is Faith I guess." I respond and his eyebrows knit together.
"I don't remember what happened and with this name I heard it from a strange voice. I don't remember." I told him the truth, my eyes sting with fresh tears and I quickly wipe the tears with the back of my hand and sniff.

"I am sorry. I sound like a crazy person and are you going to lock me up?" I look at him and his eyes held concern making me feel safe.
"Don't worry, nothing is going to happen to you." He said and there was a truth in what he said.
I did what he told me to do and I couldn't shake the thought of not knowing my identity.
"You're going to be fine and the baby is..." he stops to chuckle as I look around.

"Where is the baby?" I asked and he smiles. "You're going to have a baby. You're eight weeks pregnant." He said and I look at my flat belly and I gulp. "Who is responsible for this and where is my family?" I asked.
"Your family is not here except the man who brought you here." He explains and I stop rubbing my hand on my belly and look at him.
"He is the husband, please I want to see him." I said and his eyes widen.

"Well it doesn't surprise me, he can be the father." The doctor said and went out.
The nurse was done and she helped me to shower as none of my family members were here to help me and I couldn't stop thinking about my mysterious husband.
I was done eating and I kept wondering if we have a lot of kids that he his helping them get ready for school and that could be the reason he is late or he heard I have lost my memory and he is on the run.

I was trying to occupy my brain with something to distract myself as the thought of having a disconnection with my past scares the hell out of me. I was thinking of what my baby will be only if I could see him, whether I will be disappointed or proud. "How in the world am I gonna raise a child when I don't have my past?

The door opens and every argument in my head disappeared.
He was hiding behind the doctor and it is cute. I couldn't control my racing heart and I froze when I saw him and my empty brain gave a thumbs up. I was able to scan him within a Sec and if I have a check list in my head, I am done.
His hair was disheveled from constantly running his hand through them and his eyebrows were thick and black and those eyes were brown and enchanting and dangerous that can stop your heart beat and his nose, prominent jawlines and I stare at his lips and suddenly I wanted to send the doctor and the nurse away so that I can feel those lips on mine and I wonder how it feels to be wrapped in those arms and he's tall.