Chapter 16

Alexis and I arrived at her mum's place after picking Hazel from school and she was thrilled when she saw me.
We were all in the kitchen and Alexis told them about our plan. Mum and Alexis were cooking and me and Grandma Valerie cutting the veggies and the twins and Hazel were at the patio setting the table. I got the chance to listen to their family stories and every time I listened it seems like it is the first time and I had more information for my project.

We were done and we sat in the living room talking and the door opens revealing Aidan and Ivan and he seems tired and his tie was loosened.
"Daddy, uncle!" Hazel hollers gathering herself from the floor and rush to hug her dad and Aidan.
Hazel was in Aidan's arms and he eyes Alexis who smirks and I just know what they are silently saying.

He placed Hazel down and quickly hugs his mum and Grandma and the twins and he smiles when our eyes met.
"Hi beautiful." He said kissing my lips and they groan.
"Get a room people." Alexis said making me chuckle and Aid pulls away glaring at her.

"Can I talk to you?" Aidan asked and I nod. He holds my hand guiding me to his room and he locks it behind us.
"Are you..." I stop as he crashes his lips on mine and I was lost. We pulled away but he kissed me again before I could say anything.

"I miss you." He whispers his hot breaths fanning my face and I smile.
"And I miss you too but you said we need to talk?" I said and playfully punched his chest and he chuckles.
"So how was your day with the family?" He asked and I look into his eyes.
"Is there something you're not telling me Aid?" I asked folding my arms and his jaw clenched.

"Did Alex tell you something?" He asked and I smirk. "No, but I guess you have something to tell me." I retort narrowing my eyes at him and he pulls me close.
"Nah, I am glad you're comfortable with them." He said and I pull away to look at him and he smiles. "Why wouldn't I be? And is there something you're not telling me? Are they terrorists?" I asked and his eyes held amusement.

"Much worse but you would still love them anyway." He caresses my cheek and the door was knocked making him groan.
"Come out lovers, we are all starving!" Alexis bangs the door.
"Except for this one, she's the devil." Aidan mutters. We sat at the table and I hold his hand underneath the table when he sat on his father's chair.

I don't have anything to compare this dinner with but it is the best and I watch how Aidan and Alexis argue about everything and the rest just watch with interest.
We sat down talking and it was getting late and Grandma Valerie smiles at us.
"I am grateful for all of you and especially you Faith for popping into our lives." She said and my eyes were glassy with tears.

We bid our goodbyes and Hazel looks at Aidan and I smile watching them.
"What do you want for your birthday uncle?" She sweetly asked and Aidan froze and snaps his head to look at me and I frown.
"Your birthday?" I asked and Aidan looks at his family and his glare was on Alexis. "Don't mind Hazy, she has this day with Aidan and she thinks it is his birthday." Alexis explains and Aidan turns to smile at me and I smile back.

"Oh, that is nice." I said and Aidan kisses Hazel and I look at Alexis who smirks.

***

Aidan went to the office early this morning and I took my laptop to the garden and I breathe in the fresh air. I went over the work again and I couldn't help but smile.
I have gathered a lot of information and I do know the death of his grandpa, his father and brother is a sore subject not only for him but his entire family. I do have a copy of their pictures and videos too. I flip through the different book covers and I fell in love with the wooden one, it looks kinda ancient and mysteriously enchanting.

He came home tired and he was kinda lost in his thoughts and I allowed him to rest.
I was in the kitchen cooking and I lean on the counter sipping my orange juice and there he was staring at me and his disheveled hair makes him so mouthwatering and that lazy smile made my whole body weaken dropping the glass and I blink when I heard it shattering on the floor.