Chapter 3

After being held hostage Hayley and I decided to use the day to rest before restarting our search for her family and my sister. We've basically had the house to ourselves. Elijah had disappeared and when Hayley asked Niklaus about him this morning he just said that Elijah left. Which is fine by me, I learned to only depend on myself a long time ago. Hayley, on the other hand, seems a bit disappointed that he broke his promise to look out for us.

   Now that night has fallen Hayley and I have retired to our rooms. There's not much to do in this big house. So, I've decided to take the privacy and try calling Davina again. After attempting four times I groan in frustration and throw my phone on my bed. I start pacing the floor, running my fingers through my hair.

   "We will find her." Hayley states as I turn to face her since I didn't even hear her enter my room through our bathroom.

   "Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you." I sigh coming to a stop.

   "You didn't." She shrugs.

   "It's just, I didn't come here to get caught up in the witches ploy to force Niklaus' hand." I state sitting at the end of my bed crisscrossed and Hayley following suit. "Hell, I never thought I'd see him again."

   "I know it wasn't the plan, but I can promise you you're not going through this alone." She says reaching and grabbing my hands. "Besides, it's kinda my fault you're in this mess."

   "I blame the scotch for clouding my judgment." I chuckle causing her to smile.

   "Elijah may have broke his promise but, there's no way I will." She reassures. "You're stuck with me."

   "I didn't put much weight in Elijah's words." I shrug.

   "Well, he broke a promise and that's not okay."

   "It seems you're taking that harder than me." I raise my eyebrows. "Would there be a reason for that?" I ask fishing for an answer I'm pretty sure I already know.

   "I don't know what you're talking about."

   "Uh huh." I tease as we hear a car pull up. Confused we both jump up and walk to the balcony of the stairs to peak at the front door. We make our way slowly down the stairs about halfway to see the blonde from the vision Elijah showed us in the mausoleum. She hasn't aged a day and is still just as beautiful.

   Hayley, who had picked up a fire poker from somewhere, walks down the stairs in front of me. "Who the hell are you?"

   "Ahh. You must be the maid." The blonde assumes causing me to bite back a laugh. "My bags are in the car. Get them, will you?"

   "Hello. Not the maid." Hayley replies smugly.

   "Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother Klaus knocked up. Kelsey, isn't it? I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural miracle baby bump." She says in realization as we finish making our way down the stairs.

   "As if I'd sleep with him." Hayley mutters causing me to nudge her.

   "Actually, I'm the one that made that scotch induced decision." I slightly smile halfway raising my hand.

   "I guess you're not showing yet." The blonde states looking me up and down. "And you are? The friend?" She gestures to Hayley.

   "That'd be me. Hayley." She introduces. "You have your brother's manners."

   "And his temper, too, so watch it." She warns. "Where's Elijah?"

   "Beats me. He's long gone." I answer trying to cut the tension.