Chapter 11

Hayley called Freya, Nik, and I into the ballroom. She had been in with Elijah and noticed the pendant beginning to crack, again.

   "Despite the spell I cast, the very integrity of the pendant is growing unstable." Freya informs us as she examines the blue necklace, before placing it on the table in between her and us. "It won't be able to hold Elijah's soul much longer. We need to find a way to resurrect him tonight, or we could lose him forever."

   "To do that, we'll need more power." Hayley states.

   "Let me guess, a grand sacrifice." Nik says.

   I scoff and narrow my eyes at Freya. "And who do you want to kill now?"

   "I say we kill our enemy and sacrifice her, then I can channel the power from the Hollow's death, raise Elijah's body, and place him back where he belongs." Freya says.

   "Finally, a death I can get behind." I smirk, before looking at her in question. "But, how?"

   "We've tried everything." Hayley agrees.

   "And we've come close." Freya explains. "Labonair blood is her Achilles' heel. Hayley, Kelsey, your blood weakened her, but you've both, technically, have been dead for years. So it won't be strong enough to kill her. If I forge a blade using the blood of the last two living Labonair..."

   "We don't want Hope and Bexley involved." Nik denies.

   "They're already involved." Freya counters, grabbing the twins drawings and putting them in front of us. "Bexley and Hope have been obsessed with the symbol that follows the Hollow: the serpent consuming itself. Now, I believe this is showing us the key, the only means to which she can be destroyed, her own blood. The Hollow's one end of the Labonair bloodline. Bexley and Hope are the other. And we need to close that loop. The best way to do that is for Kelsey or Hayley to wield a weapon forged with the twin's blood. When, they stab her, it's only then the Hollow can be obliterated completely."

   "Okay." I sigh. "Fine. But, I'm the one that stabs her."

   "Kelsey." Hayley protests as Nik turns to look at me in disagreement.

   "It's not up for debate." I shut them both down. "Hayley dies and she's gone. If I die, I come back, thanks to the bond." I turn my gaze to Nik. "Which means you are to stay away and not put yourself at risk." I tell him and before anyone can say anything I continue. "I'll talk to Hope and Bexley." I walk out, leaving them.

_____________________

   I carefully explain the situation to the twins as I heat up the end of a needle over a flame on a candle. They listen quietly and watch me. Once the end of the needle is hot enough that all the germs are killed off, I turn towards the twins.

    "I don't want to." Hope voices looking at me.

    "Me either." Bexley sighs.

    "Are you scared it's going to hurt?" I ask them with scrunched eyebrows as I drop to my knees in front of them.

    "We're scared if we do this, you're gonna pick a fight." Hope reveals. I look at Bexley and she nods confirming that she feels the same.

    "The Hollow can hurt you." Bexley mutters.

    "I know this is scary." I sigh. "I truly wish this wasn't something we ever had to talk about. When I was around you're age, I had to deal with a lot of things that I didn't want to. I tried to keep that from you. I didn't want either of you to have to deal with things like this, but here we are. Sometimes life throws us things that we don't want to do, because you're the only one who can do them."

Shielding The Innocent - Niklaus MikaelsonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara