Chapter 6

After consuming a number of blood bags, Niklaus insisted I chill out in his study that is attached to his bedroom. We didn't have any leads on where to find Oliver and Elijah, so Nik needed to 'persuade' someone to talk. Screams could be heard throughout the Compound. Nik enters the room covered in blood. He walks over to his sink and starts to clean himself up, leaving the bathroom door open.

"So, you're interrogation went well?" I ask rhetorically.

"Turns out, these witches are delicate creatures." He says as Hayley walks in. "No matter. As I suspected, my mother has Elijah captive."

"Great." Hayley comments. "Let's go find them."

"Esther is too powerful." Nik replies, wiping his hands dry. "She won't easily be found. I need to draw her out."

He goes to close the French Doors that separate the study and his room. "Wait." I call out. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to change my shirt, and then I'm gonna find my brother." Nik answers.

"Klaus, let us come with you." Hayley stops him from closing the doors again.

"I know you guys want to help, but you can't." Nik sighs. "My mother is wretched. She will target you both in order to thwart me, and I can't very well save Elijah if I'm busy saving you, can I?" Then, he shuts the doors.

"Even though it's annoying, he's right." I shrug.

She rolls her eyes. "Are you rested up?"

"Good as new." I nod smirking. Hayley glances at Nik's room before waving at me to quickly follow her.

______________________

Hayley and I arrive at Marcel's and walk in on him talking to a thin black haired girl, that I assume is Gia. Hayley had explained her plan to me on the way over. Now, we just needed reinforcements.

"...went all over the city." The girl says. "There's no sign of Elijah anywhere."

"Yeah. The humans I know said the same thing." Marcel tells her. "Maybe, Klaus is having better luck.

"No. He's not, which sucks, considering how low the bar is around here." Hayley says announcing our presence. "Listen. You two up for a rescue mission?"

"Are we going after Elijah?" The girl asks, sounding almost hopeful.

"Nope." Hayley denies. "That's all Klaus. I'm talking about Oliver. He and Elijah were fighting the werewolves together. I've heard that Oliver has been captured and he's about to be executed. Now, look. If we save Oliver, then we might be able to find out where Elijah is."

"Okay." Marcel says. "So what do you want from us?"

"A distraction." I shrug.

"Esther's son Finn, he's the one that's controlling the werewolves." Hayley explains. "If you can keep him out of the way, Kelsey and I can go get Ollie yourselves." We turn and start heading out. But, Marcel vamps in front of us blocking our way.

"You both can't take on all those wolves by yourselves." Marcel says. "You'll get killed, and I'll get killed for letting it happen."

"We're not going in alone." Hayley counters. "The werewolves may be answering to the witches, but they still have an Alpha."

"We just have to find him." I add.

______________________

Hayley and I trek through the Bayou in search of Jackson in silence. We walk up and down hills and around trees. Hayley stops and nods in the direction of an old trailer. Suddenly, something cuts through the air behind us. I turn just in time to catch an arrow headed for my face and Hayley does the same, catching another one at her face. A man lowers his bow and stares at us.