Chapter 10

I wake up with a small gasp, propelling myself forward. Quickly looking around I notice the room is a disaster and Nik is screaming in anger. I scrunch my eyebrows as I remember Cami staking me. Nik hasn't noticed that I've woken up and I don't speak, to confused on what's going on.  However, my attention is grabbed by the weight across me feet. I allow me eyes to drift down the comforter, until they land on the lifeless face of Cami. Blood is soaked down the front of her from where her neck has been cut.

   My heart starts pounding and my breathing picks up. "No." I mumble in disbelief. "No, no, no. Cami?" I start to panic as I grab her shoulders and pull her into my lap. I start to shake her, not even noticing the crashing around the room had stopped until I felt Nik climb on the bed next to me. "Wake up, Cami! Wake up." I pull her even closer as my tears coat my face. Nik doesn't say anything, he just brings my head into his chest.

   We stay like that for a few minutes. The only sound being me sobbing. That is until, a deep breath leaves Cami as she suddenly lifts her head. Nik and I both look at her in shock, not expecting her to be alive. Her eyebrow pinch together as she brings her hand to her neck and then looks at her bloody fingers. She turns her confusion to us.

   "Kelsey? Klaus?" She questions and we just stare at her with wet faces.

   "Let's get you up." I croak, my voice a bit raw from crying. She nods and I help her sit up as Nik stands a gets a throw blanket. He hands it to me when I get me and her situated on the edge of the bed. I drape the blanket around her shoulders and she clinches it tight.

   "Tell me what happened." Nik says looking between us.

   "I don't know." I shrug. "I woke up and found Cami standing next to me. Next thing I know I had a stake in my heart."

   "Aurora." Cami states. "She did this." She starts to cry. "Before Kelsey woke up when she kidnapped us and held us in the vampire gym, she compelled me." She looks at Nik and I place my hand on her back and rub it up and down to try and comfort her. "She knew that you have feelings for someone that isn't her. She just didn't know if it was Kelsey or me at that point. So, she compelled me. She told me that when I thought you had confessed your feelings to one of us that I had to..." She takes a shakey breath. "That I had to rip out Kelsey's heart, slit my throat, and you couldn't know until we were both dead. But, I'm not strong enough to just plunge my fist in someone's chest." She looks at me as I continue to rub her back. "S-- So, she made me stake you, that way I could cut your chest open without you screaming or fighting back. But Klaus started to wake up and so before he even opened his eyes I had to snap his neck, which is a lot harder then you all make it look." She cries. "I'm so sorry, Kelsey. I- I didn't want to kill you." Her face falls even more. "I died. I'm dead." She breaks down in shock. I pull her into a side hug and lay my head on her shoulder.

    "Oh, you will not stay dead." Nik says lowly, before raising his voice in rage. "She will pay for her actions. I swear to you!"

   Cami groans and leans forward. "Oh, what's happening to me?"

   "You're in transition." I explain to her.

   "You need to feed on blood soon or you will die again, this time for good." Nik finishes. She starts to breath heavily, hating all of this.

   "Let's focus on one thing at a time." I state softly. "I'm going to help you start a shower so you can get the blood off you, okay?" She nods and I help her stand and I lead her to into the bathroom. I grab her a towel and I start to warm her water. "You go ahead and I'll go get you some clothes." I walk out and close the door behind me. I quickly go to my old room and go through her clothes, getting what she'll need. After popping my head in and checking on the twins, I go back to the bathroom and knock on the door. "It's me. Can I come in?" I hear a small 'yes' so I open the door and place the clothes on the counter. "I think I got everything."