Chapter 4

Hayley had disappeared about two hours ago letting me know she was going to explore the house out of boredom. Which is the reason I decide to go look for her. The mansion is huge so at the least my search will waste time. Not like I have anything to do since I'm basically a prisoner. After about thirty minutes I find her on the floor of the dining room reading an old bound book.

  "Whatcha doing?" I ask, startling her a little.

  "Jeez." She breaths out putting her hand on her chest. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

   "Why are you so jumpy?" I shrug. "Reading something you're not suppose to?" Bumping her shoulder in a teasing manner.

   "Actually, I found..."

   "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me." Rebekah's voice interrupts Hayley's from the other room. Sharing a look we carefully make our way towards the living room and foyer. "You know how I love to set things on fire." She adds causing me to stifle a chuckle.

   "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Niklaus asks amusement clear in his voice. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless, pregnant girl who's carrying my child." He says causing Hayley to roll her eyes and me to huff in annoyance.

   "Helpless my ass." I mutter.

   "Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duty towards the werewolf carrying your Hybrid bun in her oven." Rebekah sasses causing Niklaus to let on a laugh. The first one I think I've ever heard come from him. Hayley and I walk around the corner into the foyer.

   "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." I state pulling their attention to us.

   "Well, that depends what you mean, Love." Niklaus smirks casually leaning against the living room entry way with his arms crossed. "My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world." Rebekah quickly picks up a pencil sitting next to her and vamp throws it towards his face which, of course, he easily catches.

   "I'm so glad you have jokes, Love." I mock while rolling my eyes.

   "She means the plan to rescue Davina and Elijah, you know, the good brother, the one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." Hayley retorts, Niklaus' smirk still sitting on his smug face.

   "In the front, if we're being specific."

   "You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley inquires again.

   "Okay." Niklaus says while turning into the living room with us following. "Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend." He sits in the chair next to the window as the three of us girls linger in the doorway. "Albeit one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold on the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless, and secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently." I scoff when he unashamedly calls my sister nasty. "And thirdly, sister, please." He gestures to Rebekah.

   "And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." She replies nonchalantly.

   "Which is obviously not the whole plan." I state knowing better. "Because I know you guys are not naïve enough to think Marcel is just going to roll over because you ask nicely."

   "Of course not." Rebekah declares with a slight chuckle. "Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical."

   "That's only the plan 'A', Love." He states clearly. "There's always a plan 'B'."