Chapter 10

"Rebekah and Kol just landed." Nik informs us as he joins Hayley, Freya, and I in the ballroom. "I assured them we're mere moments from returning our brother to life. Don't make me a liar."

"I can't resurrect Elijah until I'm certain his mind is whole." Freya tells him after she puts a bowl on the table.

"Well, you saved Finn with that very trinket." Nik protests. "What's the problem?"

"When the pendant shattered, Elijah's mind shattered with it." Freya explains. "He's most likely retreated to the innermost core of his consciousness."

"How do we find that?" Hayley asks.

"I don't know." Freya answers. "It could be anywhere in over a thousand years of memories, but if I try fixing the pendant before finding him and healing his mind, he'll be permanently fractured, like casting a broken bone before it's even been properly set."

"Spare me the medical analogies and fix him." Nik stresses.

"I need to go inside and find him." Freya says. "Once I'm sure his mind is stable, then I can fix the pendant."

"Well, then stop talking and get in there." Nik orders.

"Nik." I sigh. "I get that you're freaking out, but yelling and ordering her around isn't going to fix Elijah any faster. She wants him back too. Just go take a walk and get some air."

Nik listens and walks out into the Courtyard. Hayley looks at Freya. "Please tell me you can do this."

"He's my brother." She shrugs in determination. "I'm not gonna stop until he's safe."

________________________

I saw Rebekah and Kol leave with Nik to go to the abandon house that the Hollow grew the thorn bush in. They plan to destroy any traces they can find. Instead, of going with them I decided to stay in case Freya and Hayley needs someone and to spend some time with the twins.

After making lunch for the twins and taking them to their room, I decide to check on Freya and Hayley. Freya lays in the middle of a large circle, where she sudden gasps awake, throwing her body forward into a sitting position. I quicken my pace down the ballroom stairs.

"Are you okay?" I inquire, as she pants to regain her breath.

"Freya, what's wrong?" Hayley asks immediately going to her side.

"I thought I found him, but he just vanished right in front of me." Hayley and I help her to her feet. "That's not our only problem. I can't search Elijah's mind and sustain a spell at the same time." Freya turns away from us and goes over to her table she has set up for the spell.

"What if you sent me in?" Hayley asks.

"Can you do that?" I scrunch my eyebrow in question.

"Yes, but that would require more power." Freya tells us.

"You say here and anchor the spell." Hayley says. "He'll respond to me. Send me in, Freya, I can find him. Nobody's closer to Elijah than I am."

"To place you into the pendant, I would need to channel another witch. A powerful one." Freya replies. "Born of my family's bloodline." Freya approaches us.

"Uh-uh" I shake my head. "Nope. Bexley and Hope are too young to be dealing with this."

"They're young, but they're strong." Freya counters. "Stronger than I was at their age. Kelsey, I know, lately, we've had trust issues, but I would never hurt my nieces, ever." I exhale loudly, giving in.