Chapter 17

Night had fallen when I made it to the cemetery's gates. Which, only amplifies the creepy factor. Thankfully I had wore a jacket before leaving the Compound, because the temperature dropped with the sun. 

   I search down multiple paths looking for anyone. The cemetery seems to be deserted, but I know they're in here somewhere. Finally I see Rebekah in a mausoleum alone.

   "Rebekah!" I exclaim running up to here.

   "What in the bloody hell are you doing here?" She inquires with wide eyes as I quickly hug her.

   "Nik is searching for you." She nods in confirmation.

   "I know. I left him with Elijah."

   "He has a white oak stake." I tell her.

   "Yeah. He was sure to flaunt it at me." Rebekah sighs.

   "We have to get you out of here." I panic.

   "I know. I know." She tries to stay calm. "But, we are trapped until the spell lifts. You should go home, where it's safe."

   "Absolutely not." I deny. "I'm not leaving you. Besides, us girls have to stick together, right?"

"Of course." She lightly smiles.

_____________________

   Groaning I open my eyes and arch my back. I must have fallen asleep sometime last night, while we were hiding in the mausoleum. I was slumped over against the wall, sitting on a bench. Rebekah stands in the door way with her phone to her ear.

  "Do whatever it takes. Just stay alive." I hear Marcel say on the other end. "I promise you, I'll get you out of there." 

   "I've never seen him like this before." Rebekah responds. "He's out of his mind with rage, up all night howling one obscenity-laced tirade after the next. He's gonna kill me."

   "All right. Stay as far away from him as you can."

   "That's a brilliant strategy, but given that that dead bitch Celeste has trapped us in here till moonrise, my options are somewhat limited." She says walking deeper into the mausoleum closer to me. She had told me last night that she had found Celeste's dead body. Elijah made a deal with Monique. So, when Celeste went to body jump again, she was basically resurrected back into her own body. Then, Elijah killed her.

   "I'm not leaving you in there." Marcel says. "Davina will find a loophole, get you out early." My eyebrows shoot up and I gasp.

   "Davina's alive." I mutter at Rebekah and she smiles with a slight nod.

   "Then we can all go together." Marcel replies making my smile drop. "If Klaus comes after us, we will take him on one hell of a ride."

   "I lived for centuries looking over my shoulder, ready to run at a moment's notice. Am I to go back to that?" Rebekah questions.

  "Worry about that later. Right now, just buy me some time." And then Marcel hangs up.

   "So, you guys are leaving?" I mutter.

   "Nik will never let us live if we stay." She sighs.

   "I know." I nod understanding. "And you're taking Davina?"

   "Marcel won't leave her behind." Rebekah says.

   "How long has she been back? And how?" I question very confused.

   "We came here last night to get her body. Once Elijah killed Celeste the magic resurrected Davina." She explains. "You should leave and go see her."