Chapter 8

"Wake up." I hear someone whisper while shaking me. Groaning, I open my eyes immediately trying to touch the side of my head where an intense headache has formed. Only my hand doesn't make it to my head because both of them are zip tied together. Confused I take in my surroundings. Hayley is next to me, also, zip tied. It's still dark outside and we appear to be in the trunk of a moving vehicle.

   "Damn it." I say in frustration. "I can't catch a break."

   "Shhhh." Hayley insists as she nods to the front on the car. I lean up and see the back of an unknown man's head in the drivers seat. Laying back down I look at Hayley and then try and break the zip ties around my hands. My wrists start to burn from trying to pull my hands apart and the plastic is cutting into my skin. So, more pissed off then ever I start kicking. Hayley does the same and we kick anything we can reach, like the windows and the roof. Hearing the commotion, the man quickly pulls the car over and gets out. When he opens the trunk Hayley, who is closer, goes to kick the stranger, but he catches her leg.

   "Seriously?!" The dark hair and dark eyed angry looking dude says. "You don't want to fight me, Hayley. You know you can't beat a hybrid."

   "You know this fucker." I exclaim as he ties her feet together. When he's done, he goes to do mine too. "Get your hands off me, psycho." I fight him off which works, and he stops trying to tie mine.

   "You backstabbing, half-breed piece of shit." Hayley yells.

   "Shut up!" He says throwing her over his shoulder and yanking me up by my tied hands forcing me to follow.

______________

   By the time the sun comes up we have made it to a small cabin in the Bayou. It sits next to the water and has a dock attached to the porch. Our kidnapper stops and sits Hayley down on the porch and lightly pushes me down next to her.

   "What is this place?" Hayley asks him.

   "The armpit of Louisiana." He answers as he pulls out a knife.

   "What are you going to do with that?" She inquires trying to put me slightly behind her.

   "Depends on you guys."  The stranger points it at us as he walks closer and bends down to cut the ties off her ankles.

   "Hey, you attacked us, remember?" Hayley retorts. "You ambushed us in our own living room." She adds standing up in front of me.

   "It's not your living room. It's Klaus'." He scoffs. "You're shacked up in a mansion with that psycho, a long way from the girl I met in the Appalachians helping other werewolves."

   "Actually, lunatic you don't know what you're talking about." I defend Hayley. She's only in this mess because of me.

   "Tyler, I'm sorry, but a lot has happened since the last time I saw you." Hayley says attempting to keep his attention off me.

   "You mean how your friend here" He nods in my direction. "is pregnant?" He scoffs. "A hybrid baby. Yeah. I know all about it. I've been roaming around the Bayou asking questions. Let me tell you what I learned." He says pulling her cardigan off her shoulder. "This crescent birthmark means you come from a big shot family, some kind of royalty to the werewolves of this region, and right here, this is all that's left of them." Looking around I spot a girl with blonde hair pulled into a braid hiding in-between the trees. She has a burned looking crescent birthmark showing on her shoulder just like Hayley and me.  

   "Hey, help us." Hayley tries when she sees her, too. But the girl takes off running. 

   "They can't help you. They're in the woods hiding because they've been persecuted for decades by vampires." Tyler says as a new guy walks up to Hayley. He's tall and has his dark hair pushed back.