Chapter 6

Kelsey's Point of View

"Where is Niklaus?" I ask Rebekah who sits on the arm of the couch in the living room. "Out planning world domination?" I add sarcastically.

"He'll be back any second." She replies. "And Hayley?"

"She's out back reading a book next to the pool. She's found something that seems to have taken all her attention." I tell her plopping down next to her on the couch she's sitting on. Just as I hit the cushions Sophie appears in the chair across from me with Niklaus standing over her. Her face clearly shows she wasn't expecting her location to change so abruptly. Which means Niklaus vamp sped her here without her knowing he was going to. He looks over and sees me on the couch.

"Kelsey, we need to have a meeting. Go find Hayley and keep busy." He smiles trying to shoo me out causing me to sit up straighter.

"Yeah, I'm totally not going to do that." I defy. "This involves me too." I huff rolling my eyes with my arms crossed. His smile drops and he holds my glare seeing if I'll break.

"Fine." He groans giving in. I smile in victory as Rebekah has shock written all over her face.

"We had a deal." Niklaus demands turning his attention back to Sophie. "You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army, and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Kelsey to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches." He walks around the coffee table and sits next to me.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Kelsey and I are linked, remember?" Sophie pleads. "She dies, I die."

"A silver lining in the event your dumb ass gets me killed." I shoot daggers at her.

"Then who were they?" Rebekah inquires short on patience.

"They're a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby." Sophie explains.

"What kind of vision?" Niklaus and I ask simultaneously.

"She has them all the time. They're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong about this one." She dances around telling us.

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" He cuts to the chase.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

"Ah, well, I grow fonder of the child by the second." He says looking at me. I smile back nodding in agreement.

"Sophie, look." Rebekah intercepts. "I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby, whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

"Elijah is talking to Davina?" Sophie asks now seeming more invested in the conversation at the mention of my sister. Squinting my eye I watch her suspiciously.

"Yeah, as we speak, I imagine."

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd." Sophie nods.

"What does that mean?" I ask as Niklaus says "Do tell."

"I wasn't always an advocate for the witches." She shrugs. "My sister was devoted like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned twenty-one I left the Quarter to travel and play, but I wanted to be a chef. So I came back to Rousseau's." She explains as we stay quiet and listen. "My sister came while I was at Rousseau's one day and told me that the Elder's had voted to continue with the Harvest." I am immediately consumed with rage knowing exactly what that is. I clutch the side on the couch to keep me from ripping her head off. Niklaus and Rebekah obviously notice the change in my mood because I can feel them glancing at the side of my face as I continue to scowl at the witch.