Chapter 14

I stand next to Freya in the study, glaring at Elijah. He had just got done telling us that he had daggered Rebekah. The spell Freya used to remove her curse didn't work for long and Rebekah told him to dagger her so that she wouldn't turn crazy. Which is understandable, however had Elijah actually told Freya she could have been searching for a permanent cure this whole time, instead of thinking Rebekah is safe in hiding. I'm annoyed because I've been messaging Rebekah to check in and I've never gotten a response. I've been worried about her since she left and Elijah just let us believe the worse.

"You daggered Rebekah..." Freya deadpans. "And you're just telling us now."

"She sacrificed herself in order to protect us." Elijah explains. "And to protect her, I told Niklaus and I'm telling you."

"And how long has Nik known?" I inquire.

"I told him last night." Elijah says as he walks to the fireplace. "No one would've known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life."

"The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe." Freya points out in frustration. "Rebekah was fallen by family, that leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes."

"Just one or two." He replies.

I scoff and roll my eyes. "That's a major understatement."

"Thankfully, not many friends." Freya adds.

"Freya, Kelsey." Nik announces as he enters the room with a attractive man behind him. "This is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend." Freya and I raise our eyebrows at him. "One of my trickle-down sire-lings. Long Story. Stefan, this is Freya, my brand new older sister, also a long story. And this is Kelsey, the mother of my children and my girlfriend." My eyes slightly widen at the term, not having heard him call me that before. Stefan raises his eyebrows in surprise, also. "Stefan needs a favor."

"You're an old 'friend', are you?" Freya says untrustingly.

"Well, that kind of depends on your definition." Stefan states.

________________________

Freya stayed with Stefan to see what she could do about his curse. He has been marked by a mystical vampire hunter and she is hunting him. Nik had found him just in time and killed the hunter, but she regenerates and it won't be long until she shows her face to him again. She won't stop hunting him until he's dead.

Freya wants to help him mask to mark from Rayna. However, only so she can send him on his way and we don't have to worry about another person being a possible threat.

"Stefan Salvatore is not a problem." Nik expresses to Elijah as we walk downstairs to the Courtyard. "But if you are so determined to find foe amongst friends then look no further than Marcel. After all, did he not steal Jackson's heart and deliver it to the very people bent on harming us?"

"Marcel only did that to protect Hayley and me from Aya sending her goons to kill us again." I defend him. "Not to mention, to save himself. He had to do something. Going to Aya empty handed wasn't an option."

"Marcellus is the least of our troubles." Elijah agrees. "Kelsey's right, The Strix would still be clamoring for their hearts if it weren't for Marcel."

"And now, Aya and her mob are free to break the sire line." Nik points out. "You know we have made many glorious enemies over the years, brother. But if they sever their link to us, then they will come for our heads."

"Not without the white oak stake." Elijah counters.

"Aurora has the last of it." Nik says.

"Then she dies first." Elijah concludes.