Chapter 4

Hayley texted me this morning to meet her at her house, because something had shown up at her door for the both of us. So, I quickly hurried over there to investigate. I knock on her door and within second she opens it.

"Hey." She greets letting me in.

"Hey. What's going on?" I inquire as she closes the door.

She walks to the counter and grabs an envelope. "I'm not sure why yours was sent here, but I waited for you to open it with me."

I nod and she passes mine to me, before getting hers. We glance at each other and then open the mail simultaneously. Inside is an invitation to a party held by Tristan. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"What does he want?" I mutter rhetorically and Hayley shrugs still looking at hers. "He sent it here so Klaus wouldn't see."

"That makes sense." She nods. "Are you going to go?"

"Definitely." I confirm. "I want to know what he's up to."

"Agreed." She speaks. "Hey, did you give anymore thought to moving?"

"Honestly, no." I shake my head. "With the new threat, my heads been preoccupied, and I do my best to avoid Klaus."

"I get it." She nods understandingly. "I know you love him even after what he's done."

"When did life get so complicated?" I sigh.

____________________________

After talking with Hayley, I went back to the Compound. I played with the twins for a while, before I leave them playing in their Pak-n-Play. I decide to look for Freya. Since, she's been the only girl living in the house after Rebekah left and Hayley was cursed, she and I have become friends. It doesn't take my long to find her in the study doing yoga.

"Hey, witchy." I greet going and sitting on the couch. She chuckles lightly at the nickname and goes to say hello back, but Klaus walks in interrupting.

"What are you doing here?" He inquires looking down at Freya while she's sits crisscrossed on her mat with her hands in prayer formation.

"I live here." She deadpans making me smirk.

"Yes, obviously." Klaus says. "I just hadn't realized you were back from wherever it is you go to when you leave. Perhaps I was thrown off by the lack of strange gentlemen callers perusing the contents of my refrigerator this morning." Freya and I smile in amusement at his protectiveness.

"Your concern for my whereabouts is touching."

"I simply want to know who is here at any given moment. I hardly think that's too much to ask."

"You want her to ring you before her booty calls come over?" I snort. Klaus throws a glare and Freya chuckles.

"Well, as long as we're taking attendance." Hayley interjects entering the room with Elijah following behind her.

"Oh. Good." Klaus says. "It's my not-so-loving elder brother and my former one-night stands best friend."

"You're such a dick." I roll my eyes.

"What a nice, normal family gathering." He ignores me.

"Charming." Hayley retorts sarcastically. "Elijah was just catching me up on how you have no clue which one of your long-lost buddies you can trust, and which one is trying to kill you."

"Well, clearly what the situation needs is more opinions." Klaus says. "I assume you told her about the bloody prophecy?"

"I was getting to that." Elijah replies when Hayley turns and looks at him expectantly.