Chapter 11

Elijah had let Hayley know that Rebekah and him had successfully saved all the wolves in the Bayou. Relief is an understatement to what I felt when hearing that. Hayley deserves the chance to get to know her family. While, Elijah was talking to Hayley, Davina was informing me that she couldn't stay at the compound anymore. She was disappointed Marcel had been lying to her, as was I. So, I told her that it was okay for her to leave even though I'd rather have her where I can keep an eye on her. We decided that the best thing would be for her to stay with Cami, the therapist Niklaus had been meeting with. Davina had met her when Marcel had allowed her out of the attic awhile back. No one, but me and Cami, would know where she was. Although, I'm sure she'll tell Josh. If she's hidden no one can use her for her magic.

I walk down the hall towards Rebekah, as Hayley walks to her from the opposite side. Hayley holds a long white dress. New Orleans is having a festival and the girls are to wear white dresses. They're called Casket Girls. Niklaus stands on the balcony as Elijah and Marcel join him.

"So, the witch is missing, huh?" Hayley asks Rebekah as I walk up to them.

"Walked right out the front door, apparently." Rebekah says. "Know anything about it?" She adds looking at both of us.

"No, although we did tell her that the witch elder is dead." Hayley informs.

"Well, why would she care when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?" Rebekah inquires.

"I think it was more that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated." I shrug smugly.

"So you are the reason she's run off." Rebekah accuses me.

"Hey, I was telling my sister the truth. Those assholes have been using her to control the witches."

"Yeah. Well, I've never been a fan of the boys club." Rebekah says. "Just wait, Elijah will join them, and the three of them will be impossible." We glance at the balcony to see Marcel talking to Nik. "Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus. She's like a modern-day casket girl."

"Are you talking about Davina or yourself?" Hayley questions.

"Does it matter?" Rebekah replies. "Either way us girls have got to stick together." She repeats the same thing she told me the first night I met her.

"Agreed." I say before heading to the stairs and to my room. Unfortunately the top of the stairs is right next to Marcel and Nik. I don't even spare them a glance as I turn down the hallway.

"Oh look it's the other Claire sister." Niklaus taunts. "Surely, in all that catching up over lost time, Davina mentioned to you where she was off to." I stop and slowly turn to face his arrogant smirk and Marcel's hopeful one.

"In case I wasn't clear enough in our last conversation." I smile smugly at Niklaus. "You can fuck off."

"Oh come on, Love. You can't be still mad about those wolves." He smirks wider. "Haven't you heard, they're all safe and sound in their wolf dens."

"You're such a dick." I growl.

"Please, Kelsey." Marcel pleads. "If you know something, please tell me."

"I've been very transparent from the start, unlike you guys." I snap. "My priorities are this baby, Hayley, and Davina. Obviously, Davina doesn't want you to know where she is. So even if I knew, I'd be damned if I told the two of you."

"I guess we'll just find her my way then." Niklaus says.

"If you so much as lay one finger on her Niklaus I swear you won't have to worry about what to do with me when this baby is born, because I'll be long gone." I threaten. "And if you think hunting Katherine was hard I can assure you you will never come close to finding me or my daughter." I glare before turning around and continuing my path to my room. But, before I'm out of ear shot I hear Marcel mutter.