Chapter 6

I spent most of the night packing our bags and crying silently. However, as soon as the sun entered the sky, I start taking bags over to Hayley's. While I was packing I had called her, and triple checked that the twins and I could still stay with her and Jackson. She was more than happy to agree. Hayley did try to find out why I had suddenly changed my mind, but I just told her I would explain everything later.

   So, once everything that we needed was at her place I got the twins ready for the day. I made sure the double stroller was ready for them in the Courtyard. I took Bexley and Hope down to it when I heard Elijah and Freya talking. Thinking that I should at least tell them goodbye I made a bee line for the study.  

   "Elijah." Freya says. "What exactly did you do?"

  "I compelled Lucien to believe that he was Niklaus, Aurora to believe that she was Rebekah, and Tristan, myself, after I'd sired him, of course." Elijah smirks as I enter.

  "It's a shame it didn't stick then we probably wouldn't be in this mess." I comment with a sigh.

   "Look, this had been a period of mayhem for us." Elijah defends himself when Freya gives him a disapproving look. "It was the 11th century, Father was hunting us mercilessly, so I compelled them. And then I told them to run."

   "You made them bait." Freya states.

   "Not the kindest thing I ever did, if I'm perfectly frank with you, Freya." Elijah says. "So, while we found respite in the sleepy yet charming vineyards of Tuscany, Father hunted the decoy Mikaelson children to the far reaches of Europe for the better part of a century. Then we were conveniently daggered. Compulsion was broken, here we are. How's the head?"

   "Spinning." She chuckles humorlessly. "But I don't think it's the hangover."

   "Freya." Elijah replies. "There's something you must understand about this family. Under threat, we take action. For better, or worse. Whatever it takes to protect our own."

   "So, you're telling me their days are numbered." Freya says.

   "If indeed they are working against us, yes." Elijah confirms. "Without question. Perhaps a little hair of the dog might be more effective. Wouldn't you say?" Elijah grabbed what looks like coffee and refilled her glass. Freya suddenly starts shaking you her breathing picks up. "What is it?" Elijah asks in concern. Freya doesn't answer as her glass leaves her hand and hits the ground.

   "Freya?" I worry walking over to her, leaving the twins in their stroller.

   "Something's wrong." She says. "We need to call Rebekah now."

   "Well, I guess I'm not saying goodbye quite yet." I mutter.

   "Goodbye?" Freya inquires in confusion.

   "Yeah." I nod. "The twins and I are going to move in with Hayley.

   "What? Why?"

   "The boys didn't tell you?" I scrunch my eyebrows.

   "No."

   "Klaus is still hung up on his ex, so me being here is pointless." I explain and she nods in understanding.

   "He's an idiot." She rolls his eye.

   "You'll get no argument from me." I put my hands up. "Now, let's get Rebekah on the phone."

________________________

  I had put the twins down for a nap. And now I'm sitting next to Freya as she writes a note to Rebekah telling her to call home. Elijah reenters the room.