Chapter 4

Hayley and I were hanging around the Compound today. The werewolves that have taken shelter here are gathered around the Courtyard, just going about their day. Nik had left sometime this morning.

   "Brother! Niklaus!" Elijah yells as he enters the Compound.

   "You do realize that literally everyone here has supernatural hearing, right?" I question as Hayley and I, both approach him.

   "Where is my brother?" Elijah asks.

   "Oh, I'll just..." I start sarcastically. "I'll check his calendar. Wait. No. I'm not his wife, so..."

   "Kelsey, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command." Elijah states. "Now considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind, perhaps now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass."

   I roll my eyes with a scoff and fold my arms over my chest. "Nik left a while ago. If you want to find him, I can't help you. If only there was a magical device that people use to call people." I tell him holding up my cell phone. "I don't know. I'm out of ideas. Good luck."

   "Oh, one more thing, Elijah." Hayley adds. "Those beasts that you're referring to, they may be under Esther's control, but like you said, they're our people, so if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems."

______________________

   "Hey, you answered." I smile sitting on my bed. "I have been worried."

  "I know. Your millions of calls gave you away." Davina says on the other line, chuckling under her breath.

   "Why haven't you been taking my calls?" I inquire.

  "Things have been a little busy." She mutters.

   "Davina." I state knowing there's more.

  "Fine." She sighs. "I was scared you'd be mad at me. For bring back Mikael."

   "Well, I'm not mad." I tell her. "Just concerned. I know many stories about Mikael and he is better off dead."

  "I agree, but I brought him back for a reason."

   "I know." I sigh. "You want to use him to kill Nik."

   "How do you know that?" She questions.

   "Niklaus did terrible things to you. It's only natural you'd want revenge." I shrug even though she can't see me.

   "And you've not mad?"

   "No. I just don't want you to get yourself killed. But, I can't control what you do. I just wish you could see the other side of Nik." I explain.

   "I don't like when we are on different sides." Davina mutters.

   "Hey." I scrunch my eyebrows. "I'm always on your side."

   "I'm going to lay low for a while." She replies. "Thank you for calling."

   "Always." I smile. "Call me if you need me. I love you, Vina."

  "I love you." 

   As soon as I hang up with Davina my phone rings. Cami's name flashes across the screen. I haven't talked to her for months. She stopped attempting to contact me about a week and a half ago. So, the fact that she has started again screams red flag. Sighing I hit the green button and bring my phone to my ear.

   "Hello?"

  "I can't believe you answered." She sighs in relief. "Klaus overheard my conversation with Davina and knows where she's at. He said that she brought Mikael back. He wants me to go with him to see her."