Part I: Chapter 1

A/N: Aewryn's name is pronounced Aw-rin, in case you were wondering. 

Aewryn

​​​​​Darkness filled my mind peaceful, silent, and cold. I enjoyed the blissful silence not thinking or remembering. My mind was clear as glass. The cold nagged at me though. Its bitter sharpness stabbed at me on all sides even in my sleep.

"Awake child, your time has come," a gentle yet firm and familar voice commanded.

Light shone behind my shut eyelids. Warmth seemed to surround me. It seeped into my body making me feel alive. My eyes opened slowly to a white wintery wonderland surrounding me. I sat up slowly rubbing the sleep from my eyes with a yawn. Snow tumbled off my head causing me to giggle and brush the rest away.

"Hello Aslan," I greeted the massive lion in front of me.

"Hello Aewryn," he responded with a chuckle, "Now come along. There's someone I want you to meet."

I stood causing a cascade of ice and snow to fall. Ignoring the snow, I followed Aslan through the forest. Everything looked different from when I was last awake. There were trees in places that before held tiny saplings and snow covered everything. Frowning I wondered where all the snow had come from.

"It has been almost a hundred years since you first finished your training," Aslan answered my unvoiced questions, "In that time the White Witch has taken over much of Narnia covering it with her desolate snow and ice. Several have joined her in her terrible reign. She has crowned herself Queen of Narnia. Nothing will change unless two daughters of Eve and two sons of Adam return to Narnia and claim their thrones. Your job will be to aid and protect them."

I took all the information in with a nod. We walked for a little longer before we stopped in front of a lamppost that seemed rather random. It was in the middle of an icy glade.

"Are you ready?" Aslan asked.

I took a deep breath and looked down to see my sword strapped to my side and a dagger on the other side. My hand reached out to them letting my fingers brush both weapons. Then I turned to Aslan and nodded.

"I am," I answered firmly.

"Good," he responded nodding firmly.

A rustling in the trees caught my attention. I turned only to see a small bunny hop out. Turning back to Aslan, I was surprised to find him gone. I shook my head smiling to myself. He works in strange ways sometimes.

Lucy

I ducked into a random room far from where Peter was counting. Shutting the door silently, I looked around the room to see a huge dirty white cloth covering something. How strange? I walked over and gingerly pulled off the cloth. It came tumbling down to the floor revealing a massive beautiful wardrobe. A smile spread across my lips as I carefully opened the door and climbed inside. Somewhere farther off, I could hear Peter counting still. He'll never think to look here.

I smiled knowing I'd already won as I backed up from the entrance to hide myself farther in. My hands stayed behind my back feeling around for the back of the wardrobe. However I couldn't seem to find it. The farther in I went the colder it started to feel. Confusion filled my mind when suddenly my hand brushed against something that felt more like a pine needle than a coat. Turning slowly I looked around to see snow covered trees in front of me.

"Whoa," I gasped stepping out into a wintery wonderland.

It was snowing gently. My feet moved through the powder on the ground almost silently. This is amazing! I turned to look over my shoulder. Sure enough I could still see the entrance to the wardrobe. Smiling I went farther in laughing softly as the snow tickled my face and hands. The cold hardly fazed me as I walked looking around at everything. I glanced back once more before continuing forward. I'll only be gone a little bit. They won't notice.