Part II: Chapter 7

I woke up to the feeling of warm hands on my nose. Wiggling my nose, I opened my eyes to see Percy sitting up with a huge smile on his face. Chuckling I sat up scooping him into my arms.

"Good morning," I breathed kissing his head.

He giggled grabbing at my face. I looked down and frowned instantly noticing that Peter was gone. Looking around I realized Lucy had disappeared as well.

"Susan! Edmund! Wake up!" I cried shooting to my feet.

Trumpkin woke up first and immediately noticed the absence of the two. Susan sat up groggily as did Edmund. She blinked a few times before remembering that we were in Narnia.

"What's all the ruckus?" Edmund mumbled rubbing his eyes.

"Lucy and Peter are gone," I answered.

That spurred them awake. We hurriedly began searching the surrounding area for the two. I heard the sound of metal on metal. I followed it as quick as I could with Percy in my arms. A dark haired young man was attacking Peter with a sword much too big for him. He managed to cause Peter to stumble back a bit surprisingly. I drew my sword blocking his before he could hurt Peter. His eyes widened in alarm and then his jaw dropped when he saw the baby on my hip.

"I don't know who you are but this ends right now," I hissed shoving backward enough to force him away.

He stumbled back falling to his backside as the sword in his hand dropped. Then I realized why it looked too big for him, it was Peter's.

"Who are you?" I questioned pointing my sword at his throat.

"I-I"

"Peter! Lucy!" Susan cried out in relief rushing into the glade.

"We're alright," Lucy reassured her sister quickly.

The boy looked us all over as Edmund emerged from the tree line as well. His eyes then landed on the sword a few inches from his hand. A light seemed to go off.

"High King Peter?" he said unsurely.

Peter straightened at the sign of recognition and nodded.

"Prince Caspian, I presume," he responded.

I sheathed my sword before bending down to pick up Peter's. Caspian beat me to it picking it up and handing it to me. His dark eyes sparked with curiosity as he handed me the sword. I gave him a soft smile of thanks taking it. Peter was frowning when I turned around to hand him the sword. I shook it off and turned to help Caspian up. Once he was on his feet, Caspian looked a little less dazed.

"I thought- I thought you would be older," he finally remarked.

"Well if you'd like we can come back in a few years," Peter offered smugly.

"Oh no no no! This is fine!" Caspian exclaimed quickly.

I chuckled shaking my head at the young man. Oh boy...this would be interesting.

**********************************************************************************************

As we walked through the woods following Caspian and the other Narnian creatures, Peter fell into step beside me sliding his hand into mine. I squeezed his hand lightly which he returned.

"I don't like him very much," he whispered.

"Oh hush, you're just upset that another man looked at me with even a hint of amazement. Which, for one, is totally ordinary in this case. We are the stories he was told growing up and now we are standing right in front of him. He has a right to be amazed," I chided gently.