Part II: Chapter 11

Aewryn

We barely made it out of the tent before I began laughing. Edmund chuckled as well as we walked away.

"Brilliant! Simply brilliant!" I remarked smiling at him.

He gave a small bow. Then he held out his hand.

"C'mon we gotta get back to tell the others."

We hurried to the How where the Narnians were racing to and fro with preparations. I followed Edmund through the masses until we reached the room bearing the Stone Table. We entered and Caspian looked up. A smile spread across his face as he nudged Peter. Peter looked at him in confusion before turning. My smile widened as his eyes landed on me.

"Aewryn..." he breathed rushing over.

I laughed lightly as I cupped his face in my hands drawing him into a long, passionate kiss. His hands rested gently on my waist which I was thankful for. I didn't know how I would explain my cry of pain should he have touched my back. We drew away panting lightly as we looked each other over. I noticed the slight bags that had formed under his eyes.

"You have not slept much, my love," I murmured.

"How could I?" he whispered back leaning into my hand.

We stood like that for several fleeting seconds before drawing apart.

"Where's Percy?" I asked before noticing the emptiness of the room, "And Susan? And Lucy?"

"With the girls, searching for Aslan," Peter answered.

"There are Telmarines hidden in the woods," I gasped my hand flying to my mouth.

Their eyes widened as well.

"I will go after them and make sure they get through," Caspian said quickly hurrying towards the exit.

"We're finished here. The troops know what to do and evacuations are complete," Peter announced to Reepicheep and Edmund who both nodded and left the room.

"I should go change," I said turning to leave.

Peter grabbed my hand though. I looked back at him and he just smiled pulling me back to him again. I smiled as he kissed me once more. Everytime I tried to pull away, he would pull me back. I chuckled shaking my head.

"I'm alright Peter. I have to go get ready," I smiled, "As do you."

"One more?" he begged.

Shaking my head again, I pecked his lips before moving away entirely and heading towards the female armory.

"My queen," one of the centaur women called over, "Your armor is here."

I walked over with a smile. She began helping me to change. A gasp left her lips when I undressed. Her eyes moved over the white bandages covering my entire torso and back.

"They did this to you?" she breathed in horror.

"Yes," I sighed.

"Does King Peter know?" she asked.

"Not yet. He will find out later. For now, it's best if his mind is on the duel and the coming battle. This will only be a distraction to him," I answered shaking my head.

She nodded in understanding and helped me dress. My armor was very similar to Susan's. The only difference was that I wore black skirt rather than a red on. The chain mail and leather added painful pressure to my back but I ignored it. We all joined together, Peter and Edmund and I, and exited the How. The Narnians who were not preparing for phase two which was our back up plan came and stood at the entrance and on top of the How to watch.