Part I: Chapter 14

I turned in a small circle looking at the dress I wore. Of the ten I'd tried on, this one felt the absolute best. The billowing sleeves were weighted and hung at a good angle to allow for easy movement. The material of the dress was also thin and soft making it easy to dance in and lightweight.

"Show us already!" Lucy cried impatiently from the other side of the dressing room curtain.

I heard a deep chuckle from Edmund and shook my head a little.

"So demanding," I playfully groaned as one of the naiads drew back the curtain.

Audible gasps left both siblings. Edmund's mouth hung open like a frog, and Lucy looked like she was going to cry.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"You look... beautiful," Lucy breathed standing and walking over.

"Ed?"

"Magnificent. I'm starting to feel a bit jealous of Peter," he answered truthfully with a small chuckle.

Lucy whacked him on the back of the head scolding him playfully.

"Ouch! Goodness, I was only joking," he laughed rubbing the spot where she'd hit him.

The door opened and Susan floated in with a heavy sigh. She must have had a hard day with civil manners. Usually Lucy and I would be there to help but today was my dress fitting and Lucy had already promised to assist. Susan's eyes lit up, however, at the sight of me in the dress.

"Oh Aewryn!" she gasped coming over quickly, "You look stunning."

I blushed at all the attention.

"Thank you."

"The veil is almost done," one of the female fauns announced, "We are finishing off the last few touches."

A smaller faun ran over and grabbed her hand suddenly. She then whispered something in her ear.

"Oh, never mind. They just finished. Go on, bring it out," she said pushing the little one in the direction she'd come from.

They had me close my eyes as they placed it on. I patiently waited though my stomach was a filled with butterflies over the handmade veil. Never at any step in the process of making it was I allowed to see. I was so curious!

"Okay, look!" several of the young fauns cried excitedly.

I opened my eyes and turned. A gasp left my lips at the sight of the silk veil that had been decorated with little pink flowers.

"Oh, it is beautiful!" I breathed brushing my hands over the fabric.

"Queen Lucy had a suggestion-" one of the elder fauns spoke up looking to Lucy.

We all looked to her curiously. She blushed smiling.

"I thought it might be a beautiful entrance if you came in with Aslan. I told him and he agreed that it would be. You will ride on his back into the wedding," she explained.

I blinked in surprise as everyone clapped and cooed. I couldn't help but smile at their enthusiasm. I looked back at my reflection in the mirror. Only a few more days.

*********************************************************************************************

Flutes and lyres played filling the open air of the massive pavilion. The Narnians sat anxiously waiting for the wedding to begin. The joyous music became softer. The chattering died down. Peter and Edmund strode down the aisle first. Edmund bumped Peter's arm and gave him an encouraging smile before going to his seat in the front of the massive crowd. Peter took a deep breath as he went to stand in his place. His stomach was tight with nerves, he hadn't gotten much sleep the night before too anxious about the big day. And now that day was finally here.

Lucy and Susan came down the aisle next. Both were smiling brightly. In Lucy's hands rested a small pillow on which was . The two sisters took their places on either side of Edmund and sat down. The music continued in its soft volume as several young tree nymphs danced down the aisle flower petals appearing with a flick of their hands. They each curtsied to Peter then curtsied to the other Pevensies. A collective gasp spread through the crowd as the music changed.

Aslan strode proudly forward, his mane seeming to shimmer like gold in the sunlight. Perched on his back, Aewryn gazed out at the crowd as they stood. She smiled lightly at the sea of smiling faces. Four small birds flew behind her and Aslan holding up the end of her veil. As her green eyes scanned the crowd before landing on Peter at the altar. His eyes met hers and they both smiled even more.

"Today, we are gathered here to witness the union of King Peter and Aewryn," Aslan began the ceremony after setting Aewryn in her place and taking his place between the two.

Neither seemed to hear a single word that Aslan spoke. They simply stared lovingly into each other's eyes. Vows were exchanged and then the rings.

"I pronounce you husband and wife," Aslan concluded.

Aewryn's heart swelled at the words as Peter pulled her to him and kissed her. The Narnians erupted into cheers as the pair shared a long, loving kiss. When they drew back, Peter rested his forehead against Aewryn's not wanting to pull away. She laughed lightly pecking his lips once more.

"I love you," he murmured.

"And I love you," she replied unable to stop smiling.

He kissed her head gently before finally stepping away. Aewryn took a deep breath as she turned to face Aslan. He smiled warmly at the young woman. She knelt as Lucy came forward and stood beside Aslan with the tiara.

"With this marriage, you are now a queen of Narnia," Aslan proclaimed as Lucy set the crown atop Aewryn's head, "Wear your title with both pride and humility in equal portions."

He then breathed a blessing over her. The air shimmered faintly and a warmth surrounded her.

"Rise, my child."

Aewryn stood slowly, the weight of the crown bringing a smile to her face. She turned to face the Narnians who all watched her with evident happiness.

"Narnians, I give you Queen Aewryn, the Wise!"

A cheer rang out from all the Narnians. Aewryn beamed as they chanted her name. The Pevensies came to stand at her sides, Peter wrapping an arm around his waist.

"Once a King or Queen of Narnia," he whispered in her ear with a smile.

"Always a King or Queen of Narnia," she finished smiling back up at him.