Part I: Chapter 13

"Slow down Lucy!" Susan called laughing, "We can't follow you if you go so fast."

"Well that is not my problem," Lucy called back giggling as she spurred her horse on faster.

I shook my head spurring my horse, Arabian, to go faster. He chuckled too before picking up the pace to match Lucy's horse who happened to be his daughter, Lotus. Susan, riding Sky, Arabian's son, sighed realizing that the young male wasn't planning to go any faster any time soon. Soon the tree line broke to reveal a magnificent beach.

"Oh my," I gasped as Arabian continued forward.

The water glittered a beautiful deep blue with emerald green waves lapping the shore. The sands were pristine white.

"I told you!" Lucy cried pointing ahead of us.

Three heads popped up above the waves. I smiled as the long haired women waved at us.

"I thought surely you had lost your mind," Susan snorted coming to a stop along side me.

"Their names are Lea, Mar, and Callissa," Lucy said ignoring her sister, "This is Susan and Aewryn."

We dismounted and walked into the water. They got closer to reveal beautiful shimmery tails. I smiled as the three bowed.

"Greetings Queen Susan and Queen Aewryn," the one in the front, Lea, said.

"Oh, I'm not a queen," I laughed shaking my head.

"Not yet, but soon," Mar replied with a smirk.

I looked at Lucy with wide eyes. She and Susan laughed.

"They have the gift of prophecy," Lucy explained.

I nodded looking back at the mermaids. We stayed and talked with the mermaids until the sun began to go down. As the sunset began, we headed back to Cair Paravel so that we would get back before dark. The horses headed to the stable as Lucy, Susan, Nd I went to dinner.

"Another suitor came for you today, Susan," Edmund announced as we all took our seats.

She made a face to which Lucy laughed and I smiled shaking my head.

"Oh yes, he was very disappointed that you were away for an indefinite amount of time. We suggested he come back tomorrow," Peter added with a sly smirk.

I raised an eyebrow at him to which he simply winked. Edmund was smirking too. Suddenly the door opened and a faun stepped into the dining room.

"Your Highnesses, Lady Aewryn, may I present to you Lord Justice of Pernum," the faun announced as a tall dark haired man strode in.

Susan put her head in her hands with a soft groan. The boys snickered before putting on formal looks of importance. I shook my head at them but decided to play along. Lord Justice stood in the doorway almost expectantly.

"Well come sit will you? You look awfully stiff standing and watching us eat. You must be famished, please come sit," I called waving the young man over.

Susan glared at me.

"I beg your pardon?" he blinked in surprise.

"Come eat," Lucy repeated holding in a small laugh.

He came over and sat down beside Susan looking a bit awkward and unsure of himself. We continued dinner as if it were the same as always. Lord Justice was rather funny in my opinion and good natured. He seemed like a pretty good young man. However Susan seemed less than interested. Peter stood abruptly during dessert. We all looked at him in expectant confusion. He casually smiled.