Part II: Chapter 9

Peter

The return to Aslan's How was silent. A somber mood hung in the air. We had lost many brave warriors but my heart yearned for the only one I truly cared about. When I'd turned around, Miraz' men were already dragging her off. I'd never seen fear in Aewryn's eyes until that moment. Her eyes met mine and all I could see was pure fear. And I couldn't get to her...

"Peter! Edmund! Susan!" Lucy cried excitedly as she ran towards us.

She looked around and noticed the mood though. Her smile quickly faded. I dismounted and strode towards the How.

"Wait...where's Aewryn?" Lucy asked.

I ignored her continuing towards the How.

"She... Miraz' men took her," Susan answered slowly.

"This plan was too risky and now we've lost one of the greatest of our warriors," Caspian added.

I froze at that. Greatest of our warriors? How dare he-

"Our? Where is this our coming from?" I snapped whipping around, "There is no our in this. You are not one of us!"

"Clearly. I'm a better ruler, makes quite the obvious distinction," he retorted narrowing his eyes.

"And yet you've sat around doing what all this time? Enjoying your life in the palace of our enemy?! Last i checked you called us here! You will never be a king here!"

"And you'll never stop being stubborn long enough to see that your plan is what got Aewryn captured in the first place!"

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY HER NAME!"

"OR WHAT?"

I leapt at him ready to beat him to a pulp. But a single word stopped me:

"Papa?"

Everyone froze then turned slowly. Percy stood at the entrance of the How with a confused look on his face. Then he giggled and toddled over holding his arms up. Sighing, I knelt down and picked him up. he wrapped his arms around my neck tightly before looking around.

"Mama?"

The word hung in the air like a weight. I blinked quickly as my eyes began to sting. He looked around again his tiny brow furrowing.

"Mama?"

Caspian flinched and Edmund looked at the ground as Lucy and Susan gave me sympathetic looks. I turned away and walked into the How. Percy was quiet as I walked clearly picking up on the sadness hanging in the air. It wasn't until we reached the armory and I sat him down that he spoke again.

"Mama..."

I looked over at him. A spitting image of me in a pint sized body. A tear slipped down my cheek as I looked at him. His brow furrowed again as more tears began spilling down my cheeks. He held his chubby arms up yet again.

"Papa," he said this time.

I scooped him up and cradled him in my arms as the tears came faster and faster. He stayed quiet now just holding onto me as I cried silently. I clung tightly to him, my son...our son...

Aewryn

I glared furiously at the guards on either side of me. They had stripped me of my armor and then attempted to drag me along the halls. I refused to be dragged and now strode beside them a slight limp in my step from being thrown against a staircase. We entered a large throne room where Miraz sat on a throne of dark gray stone. Beside him stood his wife who was cradling a baby and on the other side, his general.