Part II: Chapter 6

My feet were beginning to whine in protest as we traipsed across the land that once was under our domain. After a terrifying encounter with a wild bear on the beach, Trumpkin had suggested we travel in the woods were it was harder for things to see us. We walked in a tight group with Edmund and Peter leading, Trumpkin and I behind them, and Lucy trailing with Susan. Percy began to squirm around in the sling.

"I'm tempted to ask about the baby," Trumpkin remarked raising an eyebrow as he eyed the squirming bundle on my back.

"Ask away, though I am not quite sure I can answer every question," I chuckled grabbing an apple that appeared seemingly out of nowhere dangling from one of the trees.

A smile formed on my lips as the tree returned to its proper position rather than hanging over me.

"Thank you, my friend," I breathed taking out my knife and cutting a slice from the apple.

I handed it over my shoulder to Percy who immediately stopped squirming and took the soft fruit.

"So you lot left Narnia..." Trumpkin began.

"Yes."

"And returned to your younger selves..."

"Correct."

"And upon returning you were still your younger selves..."

"Mhm."

"Yet the baby who stayed is the exact same age as when you left? Am I getting this all right? How is that even possible?" he spluttered shaking his head.

"With Aslan, anything is possible," I replied.

I handed Percy another slice which he happily took. Trumpkin fell silent as I continued ahead to where Peter and Edmund had paused.

"I don't remember this," Peter mused.

"Probably because this isn't our Narnia," Edmund retorted rolling his eyes.

"I'm not lost," Peter stated.

I laughed as Edmund gave me an overly dramatic look of exasperation. Soon the other girls and Trumpkin caught up.

"I don't think this is the right way," Susan remarked gesturing to the massive boulder blocking our path.

"I'm sure it is," Peter responded.

All of us rolled our eyes.

"See that's the problem with girls, you can't keep a map in your head," he added.

"That's because we actually have something in our heads," Lucy replied with a smile.

Peter gave her a look as we all laughed. Even Trumpkin chuckled.

"This way," Peter instructed turning to the left of the rock.

I handed Percy another slice with a soft smile. Stubborn as always. We began to follow after him once again.

"How long will he keep this up?" Trumpkin asked.

"At least another mile," Edmund responded shaking his head.

"Fantastic," the dwarf grumbled.

*********************************************************************************************

We eventually reached a massive ravine instead of the river we were supposed to be headed towards. At this point, my back was beginning to ache as well.

"Peter, can we rest a bit?" I asked pausing by a large tree.

He turned about to say no but then paused when he saw who was asking and nodded with a smile. I let out a small breath of relief. Right then, Percy squealed clapping.