Part II: Chapter 5

As we wandered around the ruins, I couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity. Turning in a slow circle, an image began to form in my mind. A loud clinking noise brought my attention to Susan who bent down and picked up something golden.

"Hey that's from my chess set," Edmund remarked shocked.

"Which one?" Peter asked with a slight frown.

"Well I didn't exactly have a gold chest set back in Finchley," the younger boy chuckled.

Then it clicked.

"It's Cair Paravel," I breathed in astonishment.

"What?" Susan gasped.

"Yes! It is!" Lucy nodded running to the center of the room, "Imagine those columns at full height, a vaulted dome ceiling, flowers, massive windows."

It all came together in my mind and I could easily see the place that had once been our home.

"It didn't just fall," Edmund observed.

I turned to see he was touching a massive rock. It looked like one from a catapult. A horror filled gasp left my lips as I looked to Peter. His eyes met mine and the same thought passed through our minds.

"Let's explore!" Lucy exclaimed drawing my mind away from the dark thoughts that surfaced.

Peter grabbed my hand tightly as we walked down the side of the hilltop. We managed to find a tunnel inside and headed in. Using Edmund's flashlight, we examined the room. Stone carvings of us decorated the walls, each with a trunk below it. I walked to mine and opened it. Inside was my sword, daggers, and the little orb along with clothing and my crown.

"How is this all still here?" I breathed in amazement picking up one of my dresses.

"Wow, I used to be really tall," Lucy commented holding up a dress to herself.

We all laughed as the fact that it dragged on the floor.

"You were older then," Susan reminded.

"As opposed to years later when you are younger," Edmund remarked playfully.

"Let's change," I suggested.

Everyone agreed. The boys left the room so that we girls could get changed. , I fastened my belt to my waist and added my weapons and the orb. I undid the ponytail that my hair was in letting my hair cascade down my shoulders in honey colored ripples. I finished before Lucy and Susan and stepped out of the room to explore a bit more.

"Wow..."

I turned to see Peter standing behind me. A warm blush rose up on my cheeks.

"It's been a long time since I've felt Narnian fabric," I sighed running my fingers over the soft material.

"I've missed it too," he chuckled, "Especially the way it looks on you."

"Oh so you're a charmer now," I teased as his arms wrapped around my waist.

He just laughed pulling me closer. My eyes landed on the ring around his neck and an idea instantly came to mind.

"We are back in Narnia which means we can wear our rings," I gasped looking up at him.

He smiled reaching around my neck to unclasp the chain. I then did the same for him. We each slid the rings off of their chains. I smiled as he gently slipped my rings on before pressing a soft kiss to them. I slipped his ring on and then leaned upwards to capture his lips with my own. The kiss felt different somehow than the ones we'd shared in Finchley. There was no longer pain or sadness in it, just bliss. I drew back abruptly as an odd sound filled my ears. Peter's brow furrowed.