Part III: Chapter 2

Aewryn

I took a long slow deep breath. My fingers curled around the hilt of my sword. The sound of waves crashing against the hull of the magnificent Dawn Treader overlapped the low murmur of chatter and the noises of everyday life occurring about the ship.

"Mother, what're you doing?"

I smiled turning to Percy who stood by the bow of the ship looking up at me curiously.

"Enjoying the view," I answered simply.

"From the mast head?" His small golden blond brow furrowed in confusion.

I chuckled lightly. I carefully maneuvered back down from the massive golden dragon head. When I landed back on the deck of the ship, Percy smiled.

"I want to try that sometime," he announced.

"Maybe one day," I laughed ruffling his hair, "Aren't you supposed to be learning about how to tie up the sails in case of a storm?"

"Sir Reepicheep taught me earlier today. We finished a little while ago," he replied fussing with his hair the minute my hand moved away, "Uncle Caspian asked me to come get you."

"Well then let's not keep him waiting."

We headed below deck to the captain's office. There Caspian was standing over a massive map laid out on the table. He glanced up when we entered and smiled. Percy then ran off to ask a crew member one of his millions of questions. He was as curious as Lucy which is amusing to see.

"We should reach the first trading island in two days' time," he reported.

"I see," I nodded examining the map, "As long as everything goes as planned."

"It will," he said firmly.

I smiled over at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Yes, but you know us Pevensies never can do anything without some sort of trouble," I teased.

He chuckled as we both turned back to the map. Shouting erupted from the top deck. Both of our heads snapped up.

"Something like that perhaps?" he remarked and the two of us rushed to the upper deck.

"There in the water!" Reepicheep shouted gesturing.

I ran to the side of the ship to see three figures bobbing in the crystal blue water. I climbed onto the edge of the ship and dove in. Caspian quickly followed. We swam to the three.

"Whoa there!" Caspian cried out when the one closest to him almost hit him in the face.

"Caspian!?"

My eyes widened at the familiar female voice.

"Lucy! Edmund!" he exclaimed with a laugh.

The two of us guided them back to the ship. I helped the blond friend of theirs who seemed to be struggling the most. Caspian and Lucy were lifted up onto the ship. Then Edmund followed by me and the surprisingly furious blond boy.

"Everyone!" Caspian exclaimed to the crew, "Our castaways are none other than Queen Lucy and King Edmund!"

The crew cheered. I laughed at their excited response and went to retrieve some towels. I came back to see the blond boy staring up at one of the Minotaurs. The boy paled then collapsed. Edmund and Caspian both snorted.

"What did you do to the poor boy?" I playfully scolded them handing each a towel.

Edmund frowned then his eyes widened and his jaw dropped.